Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think someone already discussed this but I wasnt totally getting it, is the motors in the performance actually different than long range/stealth? Or is it purely a software deal, anybody actually know?
the stealth/performance have the upgraded inverters supposedly

nobody actually knows though

It has been confirmed that the motors are the same. But as mentioned, nothing but speculation whether or not it’s an upgraded inverter, binned motors, or all software.

Anyone know if I change my order from black to white exterior it'll affect my spot in line for production?
I spoke with a DA at the Fremont location on 11/4/19, and he informed me that changing the interior color could impact your delivery date. Interestingly, he told me with a high confidence that changing the exterior color would not delay my delivery. Of course, YMMV and timing is important.

Reactions: massonron192
I saw someone posted a video on facebook of a car carrier with some model S and model 3s..2 performance from what I could tell, a white and a red. not sure where they are headed...or if it means we are getting some production under way..

Until I see a VIN on that spreadsheet or a mention of someone on here receiving one, I'm not going to believe anything.

I asked my contact yesterday mentioning that sleeper performance cars were being made and what that meant for us, but all I received was affirmation that a VIN will be assigned to me ASAP.

Until I see a VIN on that spreadsheet or a mention of someone on here receiving one, I'm not going to believe anything.

I asked my contact yesterday mentioning that sleeper performance cars were being made and what that meant for us, but all I received was affirmation that a VIN will be assigned to me ASAP.
So your saying vins for performance models will start coming out within the next week?