Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd be surprised if a lot of the November orders get filled before the remainder of the October orders. I'm 10/30 and still don't have a VIN. I'm hoping they can produce enough in the next few days to get the rest of the October VINs out so that November folks can start getting their cars soon.

Just when things were starting to look up with Tesla...

I just got an alert that they ran my credit again today. I had read that they negotiated with their banks to not do that and use their previous analysis because of their delays and change in production schedule

And even if they had to... how about a little communication?!? No notification?! No request?!

I noticed my payment status changed as well, had approved terms and now it's back to reviewing application, but no alerts that there was an inquiry on my credit yet

Just when things were starting to look up with Tesla...

I just got an alert that they ran my credit again today. I had read that they negotiated with their banks to not do that and use their previous analysis because of their delays and change in production schedule

And even if they had to... how about a little communication?!? No notification?! No request?!
Did your previous credit application reach the 30th day, and they just automatically ran your credit again? When I asked Tesla if they have to run a hard inquiry on my report if my current app expires they told me they just "refresh" it and it's only a soft inquiry. But regardless I thought you would have to actually submit it yourself instead of them doing it for you.

My next steps changed to "Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery" and now have the non-functional "Mpva" link. I called the Tesla showroom in Chicago and they just mailed me a copy of the Mpva, which includes the VIN, with the message to watch for a txt msg to schedule delivery.

Ordered 10/24
White/Black FSD
Schaumburg, IL delivery

My next steps changed to "Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery" and now have the non-functional "Mpva" link. I called the Tesla showroom in Chicago and they just mailed me a copy of the Mpva, which includes the VIN, with the message to watch for a txt msg to schedule delivery.

Ordered 10/24
White/Black FSD
Schaumburg, IL delivery
I was just about to post about the payment thing. Is anyone doing this before their delivery date? I want to see the car before making a payment. Right?

Did your previous credit application reach the 30th day, and they just automatically ran your credit again? When I asked Tesla if they have to run a hard inquiry on my report if my current app expires they told me they just "refresh" it and it's only a soft inquiry. But regardless I thought you would have to actually submit it yourself instead of them doing it for you.
30 days expired...awhile ago.
They never asked again or gave me a heads up. Just did it. Apparently when you authorized the first time, it gives them permission to do it again. It’s a hard pull, NOT soft!