Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You don't need insurance on the new car to drive away just a current insurance plan. If you are financing through Tesla they will compute the final dollars and cents after you confirm the trade in offer and your down payment amount. If you need anything changed feel free to call your sales rep. Mine was great and made a few changes to my paperworkl along the way. I have to call him today as my mileage will be higher than the alotted 1k when I pick up the new car.

Reactions: Phlier
Nope, you just have to manually calculate what the final out the door price will be and guess how much you want to borrow from the bank. At least that’s what I did. I’ll just shore up any small discrepancies with fine tuning my exact down payment.
I did something very similar. I just applied for a car loan approval through my credit union, applying for an amount way higher than I knew I needed. That way, any unforeseen additional expenses would be covered.

Once I received the pre-approval, I could go car shopping for whatever I want.

Went to the Las Vegas store and 7 days later I was in my new P3D-.

You don’t have to have all of the vehicle specifics to get pre-approved. I just applied for a new car loan, 84 month term, for $72,000.

Ordered P3D white/white in Phoenix August 6th, no VIN but checked the source code on the account page for the car and WHAT?!? there's a VIN number! Still nothing from Tesla though. Actually no change at all in the last 2 weeks (but I wasn't holding my breath either...)

Ordered P3D white/white in Phoenix August 6th, no VIN but checked the source code on the account page for the car and WHAT?!? there's a VIN number! Still nothing from Tesla though. Actually no change at all in the last 2 weeks (but I wasn't holding my breath either...)

I ordered on the 11th of a August, finally square away the trade in balance, now goes the waiting game of the final payment. I hope it’s not 2 weeks after the final payment to finally get a delivery.

• Helpful
Reactions: Greglorious
I ordered on the 11th of a August, finally square away the trade in balance, now goes the waiting game of the final payment. I hope it’s not 2 weeks after the final payment to finally get a delivery.

I guess what I don't know and what I haven't seen posted in the forum is, does finding your VIN in the source code of the "Manage" vehicle page mean the delivery date is close at hand (within a couple of weeks) or does it really mean nothing as far as timing goes?

I guess what I don't know and what I haven't seen posted in the forum is, does finding your VIN in the source code of the "Manage" vehicle page mean the delivery date is close at hand (within a couple of weeks) or does it really mean nothing as far as timing goes?

I am not sure myself... I still do not have a VIN... from what I read in the forums, the VIN are not associate with deliveries, some people received their VIN and waited 3 weeks for a delivery.

I am not sure myself... I still do not have a VIN... from what I read in the forums, the VIN are not associate with deliveries, some people received their VIN and waited 3 weeks for a delivery.

Actually now I remember that too. And there are people who waited 4 weeks for a VIN and took delivery 3 days later. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for any of it. I'm sure someone from Tesla reads these posts and has a good laugh about it...

Reactions: Mongenel and Putttt
New member-- sharing in the agony of waiting for new toy-- i mean fiscally responsible economical uhhh family car lol
P3D+ MSM/White FSD
Ordered 8/10- received email same day
Edited order 8/12 received email about update same day
Currently on " we are drafting up your contract..."

UPDATE: Looks like I have the same VIN in their source code as dozens of others...5YJXCAE4XGF006813, which is not valid - at least not now. Oh well - live and learn. Searching the forums with that code brings up several posts with that "VIN".

For what it's worth: I ordered a MSM with black interior on Aug 1. Scheduled delivery date was originally Aug 20, and my reservation page just changed to September 10. At least I got the new Tesla floor mats and wireless charger already.

For what it's worth: I ordered a MSM with black interior on Aug 1. Scheduled delivery date was originally Aug 20, and my reservation page just changed to September 10. At least I got the new Tesla floor mats and wireless charger already.

At least you have something! I have a MSM/Black ordered on 8/5 and it's been radio silence ever since. The sales rep knows nothing other than there are no cars in inventory that match the order so they're building one.

I sold my car a couple of weeks ago counting on the car being delivered by now.

Ordered a Blue/Black Performance on 8/3/19. Didn't need to return my A4 until 8/20, so agreed to a delivery date of 8/24. Was assigned a VIN and got a Purchase Agreement on 8/18. When I contacted my rep to ask a question, she said the VIN associated with my account was at the body shop and would be 2-2 1/2 weeks! She's looking for a new VIN to assign me.

Based on everything I've read here I was prepared to be patient. Meanwhile I'm driving my daughter's Kia Soul.

At least you have something! I have a MSM/Black ordered on 8/5 and it's been radio silence ever since. The sales rep knows nothing other than there are no cars in inventory that match the order so they're building one.

I sold my car a couple of weeks ago counting on the car being delivered by now.

Hah, yeah same boat here and same car ordered. Ordered on 8/7 - absolutely no change to my account whatsoever. Going through Tesla financial and approved, but no calls or updates about that either. Kind of ridiculous given that it said 2 weeks and my sales person actually quoted me 1 week. LOL, what a freaking liar.

I know it's supposedly worth the wait, but this bullshit communication and straight up lies make me want to cancel my order.

I got a hold of a delivery adviser today and got my appointment bumped up to this Friday instead of next Tuesday. They will need to do some day of adjustments as I'm over the 1k mileage on my trade in and have also made another payment on it so the numbers as I'm told will be adjusted day of. We'll see how it goes.

Ordered a Blue/Black Performance on 8/3/19. Didn't need to return my A4 until 8/20, so agreed to a delivery date of 8/24. Was assigned a VIN and got a Purchase Agreement on 8/18. When I contacted my rep to ask a question, she said the VIN associated with my account was at the body shop and would be 2-2 1/2 weeks! She's looking for a new VIN to assign me.

Based on everything I've read here I was prepared to be patient. Meanwhile I'm driving my daughter's Kia Soul.
Oh no. Thats unexpected. Did you happen to get the VIN to make sure they dont still give you the repaired car?

How typical long on this draft before a VIN is assigned in the source code?

Attachments

• 31B7D83D-EEA9-4218-8E58-BFE1AA2697DA.png
    31B7D83D-EEA9-4218-8E58-BFE1AA2697DA.png
    519.5 KB · Views: 75