Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why are people worried about another credit pull? It’s just a few points and takes hardy any time to replenish.

I have to unlock mine every time. I got caught in that Equifax thing a couple years ago so I have my credit locked. So every time they need to run it I have to go to all 3 sites and unlock it. This use to cost $5/ea to unlock and then another $5/ea to lock again. Luckily after all the recent sh*t they stopped charging and it's free, but still a bit of a hassle.

I agree. Tesla should provide some sort of compensation for those who have waited longer than the estimated delivery date provided at reservation time. I am without a car, with no end in sight. The gentleman at the Tesla sales store I spoke with yesterday couldn't provide any facts on when my car may be available and suggested finding a cheap rental car since it might be a while. That doesn't seem right. These are hard out of pockets costs that I had not assumed beyond the estimated delivery date I was given. I hope Tesla makes it right.

Tell that to all of the original reservations holders, our wait pales in comparison. Even BMW doesn't deliver custom ordered cars in under 6 weeks, this is pretty typical.

Reactions: sahs12
I had my M3P+ delivery scheduled for today at 12:00pm. Telsa called me at 10:30 today unilaterally cancel the appointment saying their system that manages the paperwork went down globally. Then we agreed to reschedule for tomorrow same time. Just got called again and they cancelled tomorrow's appointment and pushed to Thur same time. Has anyone had their delivery change so many times and did they give the same excuse - due to their global system outage? Does this sound like right? Really frustrated after waiting forever, then losing sleep last night in anticipation, and let down a couple of times today. I hope this is not an indication on my tesla venture.

In NV they wont give you a refund. They will give you a credit, but the only way that works is if I sell my current car before I register the Tesla. I've got a 30 grace period to register the Tesla, so I might be able to do it as long as CarMax doesn’t completely low ball me and convince me to sell private.
Dont forget to check carvana, they offered me 3k more than carmax did.

I read it a few times that people have to pull another credit check? Does the credit check expires that fast or is it “pre-approval”?Isn’t when you’re approved, it’s good until you get the car?

The approval and rate is good for 30 days, after that they have to do another hard pull. Which is annoying as we know that credit pulls ding credit scores. :mad: I know it doesn't cause a huge ding, but a ding is a ding - regardless of how large. The point is that this could have and SHOULD HAVE been avoidable.

Reactions: Putttt