Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone get any updates? I order 8/9/19 (Model 3 Perf white/white FSD). I got the text last week (8/24):

"Thank you for ordering your Model 3! We are waiting for a few finishing touches to be made on your vehicle. Please expect another 3-4 weeks before we reach out to schedule you for delivery."

I have to turn in my current leased car this week (I extended another month and no possibility to extend further). Now I'm trying to figure out a game plan for a car until I get the M3 delivered..... Hmmmm.... Frustraiting.
we have the same config, general location and order date. Make sure you add your order to the spreadsheet if you haven't already.

It is interesting to note that for many of us, our relationship with Tesla has started with 3 bald-faced lies -

1. "Estimated Delivery: within 2 weeks from order placed date"

Yes, it says "estimated," but clearly, there was no ability or intention to meet the 2-week estimate.
2. "Next Steps - We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment."

That isn't the "next step" at all. My Tesla page has said this message from the day I ordered (Aug. 8) until today. Surely it doesn't take 23 days (and counting) to "draft up" a contract?
3. "We are waiting for a few finishing touches to be made on your vehicle." (From the text message received on Aug. 24)

"My" vehicle? There's no VIN assigned, and no one is making "a few finishing touches" on any vehicle. And what "finishing touches," exactly, are going to add 4-5 weeks to the original delivery estimate?
I fully acknowledge that complaining about your Tesla Model 3 Performance order is pretty much the definition of "first world problem." But it's a great illustration of the business advice to "under-promise and over-deliver." Had customer expectations been set more honestly, I doubt many folks would feel any frustration. But straight-up lies like "we are drafting up your contract" (really? can I see a copy of the "draft" so far?) and "a few finishing touches" (like what? can you be specific?) definitely harm the trust we new owners-to-be have in Tesla, when we should (and want to be!) shouting its praises from the rooftops. It's kind of weird, actually - it would cost precisely $0 for Tesla to build a strong relationship with its new customers, but instead, they're fumbling it away. And yes, I fully acknowledge that once I drive my much-anticipated white-on-white Model 3, I will probably completely forget about all this.
They are waiting for the spoilers!

You've had both the S and X? Do you still have them? What did you think of the cars?

My model S was the first few when they upgraded the front to what it looks like today. Back when you could pick and choose options. Loved it and still love it but now looking at current s and p3d seems I get more with the model 3 and save 25k more or less. Didn’t wanna buy s cuz you know musk will release refresh interior sometime next year. 370 vs 310 range is negligible. I think white interior of 3 looks nicer.

X is unbelievable. The wife drives that, her rules are she drives the nicer car. She takes the kids around so I don’t need an suv, another reasons to go with the model 3. I would never get any other suv though, super low roll over risk is unmatched, safety was big thing for me. Range of 325 is ridiculously good and tons of space. Doors took some getting used to, that’s about it.

Reactions: mynameisjeff
:D
Cant believe I am back here, But I just ordered a white on white P on friday after selling my low vin first production model 3. The wait said 2 weeks when I ordered. We shall see how long it takes...
Hahaa me too. Yesterday ... Sold my Black P3D last month and ended ordering a blue stealth P3D on 19” wheels again because the lease seems attractive . It was a fight to secure a blue 1 on 19’s as the two we found got sold while we were placing our order . Tesla couldn’t figure out why it wasn't going through either 2) Finally , executed got text delivery set for 10 days today car is coming from Jacksonville... 3) :D

Hahaa me too. Yesterday ... Sold my Black P3D last month and ended ordering a blue stealth P3D on 19” wheels again because the lease seems attractive . It was a fight to secure a blue 1 on 19’s as the two we found got sold while we were placing our order . Tesla couldn’t figure out why it wasn't going through either 2) Finally , executed got text delivery set for 10 days today car is coming from Jacksonville... 3) :D

The lease only really makes sense if you planned to trade in the car after 3 years

Reactions: Sg911

Why did you sell p3d for stealth?

Why did you sell p3d for stealth?
Am getting an X , have another ice car to sell and the trade in values weren’t worth it for the extra down $5,000 out of pocket and payment on the X . Sold My P3D for Solid resale price($55,200) and couldn’t pass the opportunity for the lease which is $450 a month less in payment and then can add the X when I eventually sell my low mileage gas Jeep GC...

Reactions: hocr