Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, the only reason someone is telling me dates is because I worked with an in-store rep when ordering. My official via-email delivery advisor is useless with information. The in store reps appear to have access to more info (or are more willing to share), but I think your order has to be “attached” to them for them to see your profile. At least that’s what I was told. It’s all a big mystery.
Can second this, the only reason I know is because of my great store rep.

I guess living in flyover country with no local show room has its disadvantages. I learn more about the progress of cars being built by this forum than anything. I ordered via the website - no one has ever emailed, texted, or contacted me about anything.

Really?
You just got the car online?

I overnight test drove a car out of the Washington DC City Center showroom. When I returned the car I told the manager that I'd like to order one and asked what the process was. He said just order it on the website and one of our guys will follow up afterward to see how it's going. That's it. They did end up following up at one point about a month ago but it's not like they're shepherding me through the process or providing me any useful information. The email I posted a couple of pages back is the first communication I've had with them in weeks and it wasn't any more in detail than what has been posted here.

I test drove, then went home. Ordered the next day online without talking to anyone. The guy who set up the test drive sent me an email a few days later saying "How can I best help you with next steps to decide?". I wrote back saying that I already ordered and he never responded again. He had no idea I had ordered so I doubt he's connected to the deal in any way, but maybe he is. I used the same email, phone, etc... for the order so perhaps they connected us somehow.

so y’all never talked to anyone at the store or test drove a M3? If y’all did then the person who helped you is likely assigned as your SA/SR.
Nope, I've never been to a Tesla store. The closest one to me is 3 hours away. I wouldn't mind taking the trip if it was possible to go, test drive, and buy the car I want. But tesla has decided to simplify the process by making it more complicated.

I took a ride in my friends model 3 performance. I ordered one online but haven't heard from a sales representative since.

Reactions: Phlier
My sales rep in Palo Alto refuses to answer questions and respond to anything. Completely worthless, so I stopped trying weeks ago. He also flat out lied to me more than once. At this point I know a lot more than he does.
Unfortunately, your experience is quite common here on TMC.

I was lucky...my SA would respond, but I often had to hound him to do so. I did mention that I was documenting my entire purchase experience on a very popular Tesla Internet forum. His face actually showed a reaction to that statement. Whether or not it had an effect is impossible to say for sure, but it might not hurt to let them know that you’re going to post your experience from ordering all the way through delivery.

My sales rep, also in Palo Alto, takes a while to respond and has given me false information as well.
Does your Palo Alto sales rep's first name start with an A?

What irks me to no end is that HE is the one who shared his number and email address with me so that I could reach out to him with questions "at any time." LOL. The service and sales experience have been laughable.