Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received an email from Tesla Delivery Prep..... first contact from Tesla (other than my Sales Rep):

“Current estimate for pickup is Late September Please let us know if you have any plans to be out of town or anything to work around.”

Order date: 8/10
White/Black Performance
CA

I've been following this forum just wanted to give hope. I ordered white on white performance on 8-20 and just got a vin tonight. Scheduled for delivery on the 21st. Located in NH. I have heard that there is some one out there also in nh that has my same config getting delivery on the 20th.

I've been following this forum just wanted to give hope. I ordered white on white performance on 8-20 and just got a vin tonight. Scheduled for delivery on the 21st. Located in NH. I have heard that there is some one out there also in nh that has my same config getting delivery on the 20th.

Out of curiosity, did someone notify you that your VIN had been applied or did you just happen to notice it on your account page? I ordered the same config as you on the same day, so I'm obviously hopeful based on your situation

Out of curiosity, did someone notify you that your VIN had been applied or did you just happen to notice it on your account page? I ordered the same config as you on the same day, so I'm obviously hopeful based on your situation

I got an email from a delivery advisor telling me the vin and delivery date (tentative). Then checked my page and is asking for final payment.

That gives me hope. I ordered on 8/19 in PA and my sales rep emailed me today that the car was en route and to expect a VIN tomorrow or Monday.

I'm glad you are getting your car but now I'm getting pissed. There are people with "rarer" configs (white/white) who ordered two weeks later than I did taking delivery on the East Coast where I am.

Logistics always plays a lot into deliveries. They start the quarter with furthest distances (Europe, Asia) then mid month they switch to North American production and deliver to east coast then work their way back to the west coast (generally).
This is all done to ensure production is delivered by end of quarter to realize revenue for that quarter.