Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just ordered a white/white Performance 3 w/o FSD in SoCal - estimate was "within 2 weeks". We'll see how accurate that is.... Can't wait to bring it home!
You might get lucky and get your car in 2 weeks because at this point Tesla will be pushing to have more car delivered in September to have the quarterly earning looks good.
This might be a false hope as well because you can not predict how Tesla will be handling your order.

I’ve been following these forums since placing my order on 8/9, and am glad to see several East Coasters are getting VINs assigned.

My order was for a White / Black M3P FSD, but I still don’t have a VIN assigned. Not surprising since I’m in Oklahoma and as several here have confirmed, Tesla is currently focused on East Coast deliveries.

That said, I’m curious if anyone who has already gotten a VIN has checked their source code for the DeliveryEstimateDate keyword. Last I checked, mine indicates a MinDate of October and a MaxDate of December for delivery. Is anyone else seeing the same? Wondering how legit that “estimate” is, or if others who have already gotten VINs are seeing the same thing in their accounts.

WTF how is that people that placed orders after me are getting vins... (from cali) annoying.

I don’t understand this either. I ordered the same configuration. White/white performance 3 on August 3rd to Southern California (also Orange County, so same place). Still have not received a VIN and my delivery center is still just telling me hopefully by the end of the month.

I’m glad people are getting VINs but it doesn’t make sense to fulfill orders placed weeks after others when they are both going to the same location.

I don’t understand this either. I ordered the same configuration. White/white performance 3 on August 3rd to Southern California (also Orange County, so same place). Still have not received a VIN and my delivery center is still just telling me hopefully by the end of the month.

I’m glad people are getting VINs but it doesn’t make sense to fulfill orders placed weeks after others when they are both going to the same location.

Same with my order, white/black performance upgrade order modified on 8/15 and no vinyl or delivery date yet, I ordered at the Costa Mesa delivery center

My manage page changed this morning to include a submit final payment section. I just checked soure code and found 454937. No text for delivery yet. I need to get my lender the purchase agreement info. When and where will that be available?
Once you reach the "submit final payment" step, the purchase agreement should be available in your account page as a .pdf file that you can download. If I remember right, it didn't really pop out at me; I kinda had to look around a bit to find it. But yeah, if you're at that stage, the PA should be there. If you can't find it, give the main Tesla number a call and ask them to sort it out for you.

WTF how is that people that placed orders after me are getting vins... (from cali) annoying.

That order is too recent. He must have been assigned a stock car. Perhaps the car was too far away to be assigned to you and that's why he got it instead.

IIRC they still give priority to existing Tesla owners as well, so those of us who are first time buyers might be getting pushed behind those who are buying their second Tesla.