Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These are the only images I have seen - just the photos of them on car carriers being transported to shipping ports.

1-jpeg.469944

upload_2019-11-5_11-15-3.png

upload_2019-11-5_11-17-13.png

4717FA3E-5719-46CE-94E3-7DDC30B06863.jpeg
Thanks for the info, using another forum members response I requested the change this morning and it was immediately applied. See my post 4 posts from the one you quoted.

Just out of curiosity, I have sent a message thought the request a change button both yesterday and today and haven’t received anything back.

My account reverts back to the blue submit button but then nothing. Did you have the same and just leave it be?

I hit the submit or confirm button. Whatever that says. Can’t read it.

I keep hitting it too. Mostly because I’m impatient. But I was thinking that the changes are being made in this state and clicking submit finalizes/cancels the request because it goes to the submit button a few minutes after I submit the order change.

Had you already seen the price adjustment before clicking it? As of now, mine is still showing the increase.

I assume their margins are highest on performance so somebody there has to care about delivering to us
I'm pretty sure you are right about the margins, at least as far as the Model 3 goes. S and X both have higher margins than any of the Model 3 variants.

I bet they are doing the Performance last for two reasons, one is its probably the smallest of the three variants. The other is that they assume (probably rightly so) that people who order the Performance are more passionate about the car and less likely to cancel due to long wait times.

These are the only images I have seen - just the photos of them on car carriers being transported to shipping ports.

1-jpeg.469944

View attachment 473464
View attachment 473467

nice. Yeah looks good on the white. Of course no midnight silvers in there. I guess ill just have to continue pondering.
As shallow as this sounds, the main reason i like the gray wheels is at least it clearly differentiates performance from long range to the untrained eye. Drives me nuts sometimes thinking about spending 70k on a car and it looks so similar to the 35k grocery getter.

Reactions: rtshefe and puppers
I'm pretty sure you are right about the margins, at least as far as the Model 3 goes. S and X both have higher margins than any of the Model 3 variants.

I bet they are doing the Performance last for two reasons, one is its probably the smallest of the three variants. The other is that they assume (probably rightly so) that people who order the Performance are more passionate about the car and less likely to cancel due to long wait times.

I'm pretty sure they do this to have enough motors binned for the P.

the main reason i like the gray wheels is at least it clearly differentiates performance from long range to the untrained eye. Drives me nuts sometimes thinking about spending 70k on a car and it looks so similar to the 35k grocery getter.

This may be a little off topic for this room, but I (unfortunately) think you're wrong on this. When I had my boss 302 mustang, the "untrained eye" said "cool, a mustang", and similarly with my Z06 people say "cool, a corvette". The boss 302 was a ~$40k car while a base mustang was a hair over $20k. a Z06 starts at $80k (and goes into 6 digits) while a base stingray can be had in the $50k range as well. Untrained eyes will say "cool, a tesla" but won't have any idea that your 3 is double the cost of the other 3 they've seen. Even "car guys" may not really know the difference - but at least the other Tesla enthusiasts will know, so that's good :)

Reactions: msm859
This may be a little off topic for this room, but I (unfortunately) think you're wrong on this. When I had my boss 302 mustang, the "untrained eye" said "cool, a mustang", and similarly with my Z06 people say "cool, a corvette". The boss 302 was a ~$40k car while a base mustang was a hair over $20k. a Z06 starts at $80k (and goes into 6 digits) while a base stingray can be had in the $50k range as well. Untrained eyes will say "cool, a tesla" but won't have any idea that your 3 is double the cost of the other 3 they've seen. Even "car guys" may not really know the difference - but at least the other Tesla enthusiasts will know, so that's good :)
Why is it important for other people to know the cost of your vehicle?

• Disagree
Reactions: kbecks13 and msm859

I don't think it is - I was just pointing out to MidnightPerfAZ that people won't notice. It never bothered me that people didn't know the difference between my higher trim leveled cars vs. their lower trim siblings, but for somebody who does care about this, the reality is that the general public has no idea the difference between trim levels and their relative cost.

the performance will cause me to get less speeding tickets with my rationalization ..

..if someone pulls up to me at a stoplight and sees my big red brakes they know I have the fast one..they wont even attempt to try. therefore I wont have to race them risking a ticket..
if I had a normal model 3 people would be challenging me left and right and I would have to defend my cars honor..

:) :) :)

the performance will cause me to get less speeding tickets with my rationalization ..

..if someone pulls up to me at a stoplight and sees my big red brakes they know I have the fast one..they wont even attempt to try. therefore I wont have to race them risking a ticket..
if I had a normal model 3 people would be challenging me left and right and I would have to defend my cars honor..

:) :) :)

Actually I suspect 99% of the driving public does not have any idea what the red calipers mean. To me the more subtle the better. Don't need to advertise mine costs more or is faster then someone else's. Only care if I enjoy what I have.

its not the cost that i want others to know, not that shallow. Its more i dont want to pay double the price for a car that i look to the left and right of me and it looks largely the same. Most sport models of cars look significantly different. Just want something that looks unique for double the price of the base

its not the cost that i want others to know, not that shallow. Its more i dont want to pay double the price for a car that i look to the left and right of me and it looks largely the same. Most sport models of cars look significantly different. Just want something that looks unique for double the price of the base
The performance is 30% more than the sr+ not 100% more.