Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got an email back from my SA an hour ago: "I dont have much of an update for you at this point but most order are on track to have a matching VIN by mid December."

I ordered on October 17th, blue on white. So I have another month just to get a VIN, not even delivery.

I was also just over in Bellevue, WA for lunch today next to the lot Tesla uses for their cars. It was pretty much empty, no change from ~2 weeks ago when I went last time. A couple months ago there were hundreds filling the entire lot.
Wowzers I ordered a P3D on Oct 16th, also shipping to Bellevue Tesla. Might see you during my delivery hahaha

Reactions: Solmors
The 60k figure is the MSRP of the car so that should should not include additional fees.

From the California Clean Vehicle Rebate Project website:

Vehicle Eligibility Criteria:
  • An MSRP cap of $60,000 will be instituted on all vehicles with the exception of fuel cell electric vehicles

Last edited:
My CA people..

I called CVRP (Clean Vehicle Rebate Project) and spoke to their agent.
866-984-2532 (I encourage you guys to call and confirm as well)

He informed me that $60k max would be off the MSRP base price, so he said all Tesla Model 3 is eligible for the $2000 rebate after Dec 3rd.

I gave him my example, car $55,990 + FSD $6k = $61,990. He said that I would still be eligible.

He sounds confidence, but who knows??

At this point, I think I’ll take a gamble and keep my $6K FSD vs paying $7k later on.

Fingers crossed.

My CA people..

He informed me that $60k max would be off the MSRP base price, so he said all Tesla Model 3 is eligible for the $2000 rebate after Dec 3rd.

I gave him my example, car $55,990 + FSD $6k = $61,990. He said that I would still be eligible.

At this point, I think I’ll take a gamble and keep my $6K FSD vs paying $7k later on.

Fingers crossed.
Thank you, I sent them an email. I will report back when I get an answer.

My CA people..

Fingers crossed.

I would not count on that. MSRP is MSRP. Probably does not include tax and registration, but I would expect it to in fact be based on the MSRP. What Tesla needs to do is offer everyone who is close the option of adding FSD within 30 days After the purchase.

Emailed my SA about my delivery and he mentioned that in their latest meetings about ETA's that productions are now in production and will be shipping by the first week of December.

I am in the queue to receive the 'first' batch of performance models in Canada, Ontario.

Hopefully I can receive mine by mid December before Xmas!

Emailed my SA about my delivery and he mentioned that in their latest meetings about ETA's that productions are now in production and will be shipping by the first week of December.

I am in the queue to receive the 'first' batch of performance models in Canada, Ontario.

Hopefully I can receive mine by mid December before Xmas!

Good to hear. Let’s hope the information they provided you is accurate. I ordered in Montreal on Oct 10th. Should not be too far off your delivery....hopefully.