Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have just been waiting on Richard in Vegas to contact me as well since the last thing he said was that he'll reach out once a VIN is assigned. I'm thinking we'll finally see the cars mid December and hoping that it means we'll see VIN movement next week! Then we'll bring the next wave of Tesla envy(and also that electric is kind of pretty awesome) everywhere we go.
Yeah I’ve been hearing that “ we will start seeing VIN’s next week” bit for weeks now. Lol. Driving me nuts.

I just sold my car today (to Carvana, side not e people who are trading cars through Tesla, check our Carvana cause they gave me a very fair trade, more than expected). I’m just ubering for a few weeks (or stealing husbands gx). Cheaper to Uber to work than pay another month of car payment, insurance and gas
I had an M3 that was fully paid off, and I sold it to the first offer only to get 20+ more inquiries. Clearly I underestimated the value of an 8 year old BMW and now I drive a Corolla for $900/month. At least I’ll be super excited for the Tesla when it arrives and I’ll save on gas in the meantime.

My account just updated to show the grey rims and increased price but no VIN. Order agreement still shows the original price so I'm sure it will be fixed. Ordered 10/14 white/black FSD. I'm in no rush for the car but it's nice to see the update and those new wheels are great. Looks like many cars will start moving soon!

Yeah, the payment info has to be completed.. I dont have my loan information locked in yet since i dont have a VIN, and i am at 6 weeks thus far. They weren't too concerned about that until Friday for some reason. They wanted that section completed. My trade in has been locked in, so my adviser locked in my payment information of the credit union I *plan* to use.
Thank you for that info. I just did the same.

looking at the spreadsheet..
last quarter ..most P3D+ orders on the east coast got vins around the 7-9th and then got delivery around 10 days after 17-19th..for midwest and CA deliveries some were as late as last few days of the month
I predict I will get a VIN by the 9th and delivery around the 19th

I have absolutely no actual info from Tesla..just studied the spreadsheet (also changed options to p3d with white interior in case that also delayed things last quarter)

Lurking here for a while, first post I think.

Ordered 10/08
Red/white
FSD
San Diego Delivery

Don't like the gray wheels. Talked to SA about options to get the silver wheels. Looks like my only option is to wait for 2019 inventory vehicle for silver wheels. All 2020 M3P models come with gray wheels now. Talked about options for sleeper with white interior. Was told only option is black interior. Carlsbad location has a bunch of sleepers available (as of yesterday). If I were to go with the sleeper then the FSD would cost $1k more.

Lurking here for a while, first post I think.

Ordered 10/08
Red/white
FSD
San Diego Delivery

Don't like the gray wheels. Talked to SA about options to get the silver wheels. Looks like my only option is to wait for 2019 inventory vehicle for silver wheels. All 2020 M3P models come with gray wheels now. Talked about options for sleeper with white interior. Was told only option is black interior. Carlsbad location has a bunch of sleepers available (as of yesterday). If I were to go with the sleeper then the FSD would cost $1k more.

I’m taking delivery at the Carlsbad Location as well. Ordered 10/18 white/ white No FSD. So hopefully you post when you get a VIN so that will give me hope on mine to follow. I don’t want the sleeper either because I really want the white interior so I will continue to wait.

I’m taking delivery at the Carlsbad Location as well. Ordered 10/18 white/ white No FSD. So hopefully you post when you get a VIN so that will give me hope on mine to follow. I don’t want the sleeper either because I really want the white interior so I will continue to wait.

Sure. I am going to the new owner orientation (I think this is what its called) on 12/01 and SA mentioned they are starting to see some movement now with VIN assignment.

Sure. I am going to the new owner orientation (I think this is what its called) on 12/01 and SA mentioned they are starting to see some movement now with VIN assignment.
I went on 11/4. It’s very informative if you haven’t been watching much tutorials on the car or if you have never test drove one. It’s also nice to talk to the SAs because all of them were there last time when I went.

SA just called me and setup a delivery for Dec 16th for my car. They don't have a vin or anything so it doesn't really mean much other than they are expecting the cars around then (which is what we've all been expecting).

I asked him what the best time to take delivery during the day was to avoid the rush and he said it won't matter because they will likely be doing 10 deliveries an hour all day every day. He also didn't know what FSD was when I mentioned that I added it. I'm bracing for a rough delivery experience.

• Funny
Reactions: diezel_dave
SA just called me and setup a delivery for Dec 16th for my car. They don't have a vin or anything so it doesn't really mean much other than they are expecting the cars around then (which is what we've all been expecting).

I asked him what the best time to take delivery during the day was to avoid the rush and he said it won't matter because they will likely be doing 10 deliveries an hour all day every day. He also didn't know what FSD was when I mentioned that I added it. I'm bracing for a rough delivery experience.
Where you from and what trim did you get? How do u get a job at Tesla and not know the FSD. Like what? lol