Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have my order email confirmation, but before ordering I called and talked to Drew over at Martian Wheels. He said it would be around 3 weeks to get the wheels, so it seems possible I may get the car first. o_O
Damn I really hope I’ll get my car Next week.......... according to Tesla DA they said the car was build on December 1ST and I got the VIN source code today evening I really hope my car is on a truck on the way to PA :)

for all the performance folks getting VINs - are you seeing "C" in the 8th position of the VIN? Mine is a C and that has me only a tiny bit worried that something is wrong (although I'm hopeful it just means that Tesla has changed the mapping of what C means...)

Just adding to confirm C is 8th spot :)

I picked up this VIN decoder a couple of weeks back. Might help relieve some 8th digit fears.

Here is the official download: https://vpic.nhtsa.dot.gov/mid/home/displayfile/c646fbf1-8ba5-4575-af1e-f415a1131337

You can get to this, and any newer ones, by going to Welcome to MID :: provided by vPIC - MID
Search for:
Name: Tesla
Part 565
Start Date:
8/29/2019

Even easier is to just use their decoder as it has much more information than other decoders out there:
Welcome to VIN Decoding :: provided by vPIC

Reactions: elperrofumando
I wish I was getting good news like everyone else. I ordered back on 10/17 Atlanta, GA white/white with FSD and still no VIN. I emailed my SA last night and he told me that I still do not have a VIN assigned and that he will check on it in a couple of days. This wait is killing me...!