Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question on if you ordered your M3P when the price of the performance upgrade was $6,000. I see my account now reflects the new price of $7,000. My SA told me they will honor the $6k price but my account still shows $7k. I am curious if others encounter this as well and outcome.

Message in. For everyone, myself included, they’ve added a “Referral Credit of -$1000” to offset. Happens pretty quick too. I did it through the request a change button because my SA is busy or useless (or both!)

Message in. For everyone, myself included, they’ve added a “Referral Credit of -$1000” to offset. Happens pretty quick too. I did it through the request a change button because my SA is busy or useless (or both!)

I did see this but wasn’t sure if it was an actual referral credit since I used my buddy’s code. Thank you for clarifying! You are more helpful than my SA- do you happen to know where my car is and when I’ll get it lolololol

I figured I wouldnt have much support seeing as the entire rest of the east coast has taken delivery and left this thread..now im stuck here with all you cali folk
I would rather not get a vin until my car is ACTUALLY in transport instead of get a vin and wait around 20 days for delivery. you guys will get vins and start taking delivery before me, ill put money on it.
I'm picking up in Manhassat, NY on the 20th so I'll be here for another week! After that I'll post a few photos and disappear!

Reactions: sslack18
Question on if you ordered your M3P when the price of the performance upgrade was $6,000. I see my account now reflects the new price of $7,000. My SA told me they will honor the $6k price but my account still shows $7k. I am curious if others encounter this as well and outcome.

I ordered it in 10/8 and no vin still- I’m pulling my hair out!

Mines right in between at $6,500.

Final update: Went to pick up my car from the SLC showroom (excellent car, by the way - I've been loving every second since I first sat in the car), and I saw at least 4-6 performance Model 3s excluding mine. If you ordered before 10/16 and still haven't gotten a VIN, I would maybe start making some calls to Tesla. You should have definitely received a VIN at this point, if not the car itself.
Ordered 10/15, and still nothing. My buddy is my SA and has kept in touch very well. He doesn’t know why I haven’t gotten a vin yet :eek:

For those of you that are planning to trade in your car and still have a few more days. You should check with Carvana. They offered me $2000 more than Tesla and Carmax and came to my home and picked up my car. Really easy process.

Tesla offered $19,000 for my car. Before I went to talk to them I already had a $22,300 offer. Tesla said they would not even look at my car rather they use KBB good dealer trade in figure in all cases regardless of actual condition. They said Car Max buys all there trade ins. So I don't know if it is true. We also looked at trading in my wife's 2005 Pilot as it's 15 year window of ride-share usability is about to expire. KBB says it is should be priced at about $3,500 for private sale but Tesla would have given us about $750 for it.
Maybe Tesla offers a better deal if you were to trade in a Tesla, I don't know.
Obviously, Tesla does not want to be saddled with used cars - just another way Tesla is not like the rest of the industry.

ok, well I am not sure if it had to do with calling or what..but I just got a text that my car is arriving earlier and to reschedule my delivery.
Now im scheduled for delivery Monday at 9am

I just got off the phone with someone at tesla a little while ago who told me the car was in alabama and to expect my scheduled date to stay at the 20th. Then I just got this text

Didn't anybody else notice that 2019 Model 3 Performance demos for sale say 145 top speed are these not really Performance and maybe sleepers that I hear about?

2019-model-3.png

Last edited: