Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone’s home page changed? Have vin in source as of this morning but no change to my ‘home page’ (still says we are drafting up your contract...)

How long did it take you guys to get the text and did that then change homepage?

still excited at the progress!
2242D6B4-F3F0-43BD-977F-601C1D258484.gif

nervous about getting it by EOY... have my VIN and MVPA but no delivery text yet. had a vacation planned from the 26-30, and that seems to be prime delivery time for people posting so far.

gotta trust the process i guess... but i’m nervous as hell!
Delivery is pretty weird. I picked up my car on the 18th (ordered 10/17 in NY) but even at time of pickup I only had my VIN in source and I never had a MVPA show up in my account lol

• Helpful
Reactions: Kristina
Has anyone’s home page changed? Have vin in source as of this morning but no change to my ‘home page’ (still says we are drafting up your contract...)

How long did it take you guys to get the text and did that then change homepage?

My home page changed this morning, along with seeing the VIN in the source code.

I still have not received a text about scheduling a delivery time.

• Helpful
I am happy to say that I last minute decided to order P3D with FSD and red paint and black interior thinking it would be delivered in February and I was even thinking of postponing till April when winter season in CO about over. But I got text today that my car is shipping from Fremont on Monday! How the heck does that happen when so many of you have been waiting for months?Guess they caught up in the backlog or not as many people paying for the red paint. Feel kinda bad for those that have had to wait. CO is a big state foe Tesla so maybe that has something to do with it

I also saw a customer at Tesla that was showing his Model S with FSD and he already got the update for FSD with traffic lights and stop signs. So hopefully mine will already come installed with it.

I have scheduled pickup for next Friday and I hope that panels and paint are in great shape. I will report and take pictures.

Reactions: sslack18
It looks like some early Christmas magic for California. Ordered 11/9, text to set up delivery this morning and hopefully pick up 12/26. They give you quite the run around and literally no information along the way. It was the same nonsense with my wife's model x, and my current model s. I thought they would be a bit better this time about the communication. Maybe by the time my cyber truck arrives, the process will be smoother...

I am happy to say that I last minute decided to order P3D with FSD and red paint and black interior thinking it would be delivered in February and I was even thinking of postponing till April when winter season in CO about over. But I got text today that my car is shipping from Fremont on Monday! How the heck does that happen when so many of you have been waiting for months?Guess they caught up in the backlog or not as many people paying for the red paint. Feel kinda bad for those that have had to wait. CO is a big state foe Tesla so maybe that has something to do with it

When did you order??

still excited at the progress! View attachment 491561
My account changed the moment I had a vin assigned. It’s asking for final payment. But I still haven’t got a text to schedule delivery. I tried entering the link myself with my RN but it just takes me back to my home page lol

This has been the strangest...

I placed a reservation on 12/20. We will call this the Reservation 1. That same evening, Existing Inventory was flooded with cars exactly like my spec. My understanding was that if you bought one from Existing Inventory, delivery would happen quicker, so I put another $100 deposit down on one of those cars. We will call this Reservation 2.

On 12/21, I see Reservation 2 has a VIN in source code, while Reservation 1 does not. I go into Tesla to confirm Reservation 2 has a VIN which they do. Since I can't get my $100 back, the sales rep suggests that I still keep both reservations just in case.

This morning, 12/22, I receive a text saying my car is leaving the factory on 12/23 and to schedule a delivery appointment. It is for Reservation 1! I go into Tesla and schedule a Delivery Appointment for December 26 10:00 AM and it shows up under Reservation 1 but there is no VIN in the source code.

I want to make sure I am not going to end up with 2 Teslas, so I want to cancel one of my reservations. I'm assuming I should cancel Reservation 1 or should I wait until I see the VIN pop up in Reservation 1 (the one that now has a delivery appointment)?

Anyone else have a situation where you have your Delivery Appointment set and "null" is still in the VIN for the source code?

• Informative
Reactions: SaloonGoon
This has been the strangest...

I placed a reservation on 12/20. We will call this the Reservation 1. That same evening, Existing Inventory was flooded with cars exactly like my spec. My understanding was that if you bought one from Existing Inventory, delivery would happen quicker, so I put another $100 deposit down on one of those cars. We will call this Reservation 2.

On 12/21, I see Reservation 2 has a VIN in source code, while Reservation 1 does not. I go into Tesla to confirm Reservation 2 has a VIN which they do. Since I can't get my $100 back, the sales rep suggests that I still keep both reservations just in case.

This morning, 12/22, I receive a text saying my car is leaving the factory on 12/23 and to schedule a delivery appointment. It is for Reservation 1! I go into Tesla and schedule a Delivery Appointment for December 26 10:00 AM and it shows up under Reservation 1 but there is no VIN in the source code.

I want to make sure I am not going to end up with 2 Teslas, so I want to cancel one of my reservations. I'm assuming I should cancel Reservation 1 or should I wait until I see the VIN pop up in Reservation 1 (the one that now has a delivery appointment)?

Anyone else have a situation where you have your Delivery Appointment set and "null" is still in the VIN for the source code?

The VIN for order 2 is suppose to be pre production VIN

Since there is no delivery date for order 2 yet , you can probably cancel it after order 1 is delivered

My 2 cents

Reactions: HardHitter