Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery is pretty weird. I picked up my car on the 18th (ordered 10/17 in NY) but even at time of pickup I only had my VIN in source and I never had a MVPA show up in my account lol

Collected M3P from Birmingham UK 21/12/19. Delivery centre was busy, was told 50 collections that day. One couple unfortunately had to decline their car due to wrong spec. My car had slightly loose panels below the brake lights, mainly cosmetic, but had it logged so a technician can come to fix it. Insurance was a problem bec the car reg wasn't recognised so early quote discounts were lost. Ended up going with LV, Hastings were previously the lowest quote but went high on the day.

Reactions: sslack18
VINless and Appointmentless

Me currently:

giphy.gif

For those that have MVPA and VIN in source and got delivery text, did you already make payment? I’m just wondering if that speeds up things. I’ve been told I can submit a personal check upon delivery but anything that can help I’m willing.

For those that have MVPA and VIN in source and got delivery text, did you already make payment? I’m just wondering if that speeds up things. I’ve been told I can submit a personal check upon delivery but anything that can help I’m willing.
I haven’t gotten an appointment yet. But I’m going to do an ACH payment tonight. I was planning on taking a cashiers check the day of by I guess those aren’t accepted.

This has been the strangest...

I placed a reservation on 12/20. We will call this the Reservation 1. That same evening, Existing Inventory was flooded with cars exactly like my spec. My understanding was that if you bought one from Existing Inventory, delivery would happen quicker, so I put another $100 deposit down on one of those cars. We will call this Reservation 2.

On 12/21, I see Reservation 2 has a VIN in source code, while Reservation 1 does not. I go into Tesla to confirm Reservation 2 has a VIN which they do. Since I can't get my $100 back, the sales rep suggests that I still keep both reservations just in case.

This morning, 12/22, I receive a text saying my car is leaving the factory on 12/23 and to schedule a delivery appointment. It is for Reservation 1! I go into Tesla and schedule a Delivery Appointment for December 26 10:00 AM and it shows up under Reservation 1 but there is no VIN in the source code.

I want to make sure I am not going to end up with 2 Teslas, so I want to cancel one of my reservations. I'm assuming I should cancel Reservation 1 or should I wait until I see the VIN pop up in Reservation 1 (the one that now has a delivery appointment)?

Anyone else have a situation where you have your Delivery Appointment set and "null" is still in the VIN for the source code?
I got same exact text as you received. But I did not do a second reservation. I just confirmed appointment and finished all my steps. I was not even going to anticipate delivery till February so I had only completed reservation and did not complete any other steps till this morning

SAME! I called my DC and they said that the vehicle is in production, but they don't want to schedule me for a delivery until it's done being built. But then everyone else doesn't even have a VIN matched but they scheduled deliveries???????????? How does any of this make sense?
It makes me ZERO sense! I tried to get my SA to schedule me but no luck lol. She did say as soon as she see my car on the way she will do my delivery personally if that gets it to me faster since I can’t schedule an appointment. Who knows! I’m ready to turn in the rental and get my car

Reactions: Kristina
The VINs that they have listed there are a solid 20k higher than the one I received just yesterday, so I'm doubtful they'll pump those out before the new year.

VINs are not always built sequentially. The fact that a VIN has been assigned puts the car way ahead of someone placing a brand new order. If I were looking for a Performance car and wanted it by year end I would lock in one of those VINs. You can always cancel if Tesla can’t deliver by year end. But so far everyone who has placed an order for an inventory car has been issued a December delivery date.