Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery today, and was more interested in the experience than taking quality photos. There were some defects. The alignment of the front quarter panels, with the front doors, wasn’t perfect There were paint drips on both rocker panels. The driver’s side door has an impression on the leading edge. There was a chip on the passenger’s side of the front bumper, and a scrape of some sort on the other side. Other than that, the car is pristine, and I can testify that the go pedal WORKS VERY WELL.

Have an appt with the Dublin Tesla service center to fix everything

4BB70D62-A588-4764-85F5-76FD371013F0.jpeg
D89843A6-465A-455D-AFBE-D17BAC3DF550.jpeg
34591DDB-C0B1-473D-93E4-82A425B5C650.jpeg
818CAC3B-E5CA-4F26-8E60-053F28CDB54B.jpeg
35B2B02D-FB2C-427B-B738-42C23A62BDCF.jpeg
7771627F-1B75-4CFC-AE66-6983DF34FBF6.jpeg
D14517F7-9CA4-4F51-A70D-44BA938747FA.jpeg

Attachments

• 36307DC5-46A3-4F46-86BC-D0D335CAE7BD.jpeg
    36307DC5-46A3-4F46-86BC-D0D335CAE7BD.jpeg
    560.8 KB · Views: 47
Took delivery awhile ago. All done!

Was a home delivery and the dude drove it directly from Fremont. Signed a few documents, did the ACH transfer, handed me the keycards and that was that. Initially had an issue getting the phone key to work, but got that resolved.

He did allow me to inspect the car which I appreciated. It wasn't perfect, unfortunately:

-minor clearcoat scratches and debris inside the paint, see pictures

-thin paint around the license plate lights area (can't tell in pics)

-panel gaps on both C pillars, "within spec" maybe?

-excess pleather and stitching material hanging off the rear passenger seat

-steering wheel slightly dirty and the car was dusty

-dirt stuck in driver door speaker grille

-kink in interior rubber trim on driver's side C pillar

Very minor issues and I probably won't do a due bill on this cosmetic stuff. Whatever lol.

But the main issue, is the rubber seal between the rear passenger door window and small window, there is a gap between the seal and the frame of the car. Same thing between the 2 panes of glass on the roof, on the driver's side. Probably a 1mm gap? See pics, circled the area in red. Should I be concerned about these? What if there's water ingress at these points? Wondering if I should due bill these?

Car looks and smells brand new! I didn't realize MSM had blue pearl in it. Nice!

Satisfied for the most part. Now time to get the insurance together and drive this mfer! lol

Woww... that’s a tough one. I feel like the long wait has worn us all down to the point where we’re just happy to have a car. But.... these things should definitely addressed

You’ve already done the work documenting and writing it all down. I would definitely get that all of it on a due bill and CYA.

Reactions: sslack18
Picked up today in Burbank. Great experience, paperwork took literally 45 seconds. Car was perfect, except just as I was about to head out, I felt a little slice in the leather at 12 o’clock on the top edge of the steering wheel. Like someone had clipped it with a box cutter at 90 degrees. Advisor said they can switch it out for a new one, give them 30 mins... grabbed some lunch, and as promised less than 30 mins later I’m on the road with a 100% perfect P3D. Great, totally different, car buying experience. So far, loving the car. Thanks Tesla!

Yes, I was surprised to learn that my gas savings was going to be going towards a higher insurance premium!!! My M3P is going to cost $1200 MORE than my previous $85K 2018 Volvo XC90 T8 Hybrid (through Farmer's) and that is with a multi car discount and hone-umbrella-& Earthquake bundled!!! I am in Los Angeles, so I know it is more than other cities but that makes the Model 3 $3000/yr!!! That's crazy!! Ended up going with the Tesla Insurance at $188/mo or $2256/yr, which is still expensive for a $60K vehicle.

Yes, I was surprised to learn that my gas savings was going to be going towards a higher insurance premium!!! My M3P is going to cost $1200 MORE than my previous $85K 2018 Volvo XC90 T8 Hybrid (through Farmer's) and that is with a multi car discount and hone-umbrella-& Earthquake bundled!!! I am in Los Angeles, so I know it is more than other cities but that makes the Model 3 $3000/yr!!! That's crazy!! Ended up going with the Tesla Insurance at $188/mo or $2256/yr, which is still expensive for a $60K vehicle.

I’m in LA and I’m switching from an XC90 T8 as well. I was paying Wawanesa around $120/mo. Tesla insurance was quoting me around the same price but with $1000 deductibles. I tried Ameriprise through Costco and I’m going to pay around $90/mo with $250 comprehensive/$500 collision plus tons of other perks. (Free windshield replacement, etc). Really good deal if you’re a Costco member. My only regret is not giving them a call sooner.

I’m in LA and I’m switching from an XC90 T8 as well. I was paying Wawanesa around $120/mo. Tesla insurance was quoting me around the same price but with $1000 deductibles. I tried Ameriprise through Costco and I’m going to pay around $90/mo with $250 comprehensive/$500 collision plus tons of other perks. (Free windshield replacement, etc). Really good deal if you’re a Costco member. My only regret is not giving them a call sooner.
Wow, that is good. I’ll check out Costco. Insurance is expensive, but I guess the cost to repair these vehicles is too.

I had a 2014 audi s6 and insurance dropped for me. 85 bucks a month with USAA.

Picked up last night in Burbank. MSM/ Black Interior/ FSD. Actual paperwork took literally 2 minutes. Sat through a 30 minute orientation. Was boring and made me more anxious to see my car since we already have an Model S. Finally got to my car and was fortunate to not see any defects with paint or panel gaps. Only negative thing about pick up at Burbank if you do it after the sun sets is that they set up the cars outside where it’s pretty dark! Had to use my iPhone light to check paint and panels. Took 31 days from ordering to pick up. Really happy right now.

• Helpful
Reactions: sslack18 and Rysty