Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up last night in Burbank. MSM/ Black Interior/ FSD. Actual paperwork took literally 2 minutes. Sat through a 30 minute orientation. Was boring and made me more anxious to see my car since we already have an Model S. Finally got to my car and was fortunate to not see any defects with paint or panel gaps. Only negative thing about pick up at Burbank if you do it after the sun sets is that they set up the cars outside where it’s pretty dark! Had to use my iPhone light to check paint and panels. Took 31 days from ordering to pick up. Really happy right now.
Exactly why i brought my surefire flashlight. Lol. I was at Burbank last night too. 31 days is great. 83 days for me. Lol. So glad the waiting is over.

Reactions: dskillz
Took delivery awhile ago. All done!

Was a home delivery and the dude drove it directly from Fremont. Signed a few documents, did the ACH transfer, handed me the keycards and that was that. Initially had an issue getting the phone key to work, but got that resolved.

He did allow me to inspect the car which I appreciated. It wasn't perfect, unfortunately:

-minor clearcoat scratches and debris inside the paint, see pictures

-thin paint around the license plate lights area (can't tell in pics)

-panel gaps on both C pillars, "within spec" maybe?

-excess pleather and stitching material hanging off the rear passenger seat

-steering wheel slightly dirty and the car was dusty

-dirt stuck in driver door speaker grille

-kink in interior rubber trim on driver's side C pillar

Very minor issues and I probably won't do a due bill on this cosmetic stuff. Whatever lol.

But the main issue, is the rubber seal between the rear passenger door window and small window, there is a gap between the seal and the frame of the car. Same thing between the 2 panes of glass on the roof, on the driver's side. Probably a 1mm gap? See pics, circled the area in red. Should I be concerned about these? What if there's water ingress at these points? Wondering if I should due bill these?

Car looks and smells brand new! I didn't realize MSM had blue pearl in it. Nice!

Satisfied for the most part. Now time to get the insurance together and drive this mfer! lol

Congrats on the car and I would list all the things. As you said some are minor and I’d say that’s up to you. Looks like a paint fisheye. I had some dust captured under my paint in three small spots and they did a great job fixing those so sure yours can be corrected. Delivery Centers can address some things for people, probably also dependent on time and other vehicles scheduled and who’s available to work on, otherwise the SvC and a body shop (for paint and some panel alignments) will handle the rest.

Our MS is the MMS and I just love it so much (great for not showing dirt and the blue chips in it really add to the overall color look and make it interesting).

Finally!

4C382458-5F91-4568-AB82-2CC57ECC1C70.jpeg

Yes, I was surprised to learn that my gas savings was going to be going towards a higher insurance premium!!! My M3P is going to cost $1200 MORE than my previous $85K 2018 Volvo XC90 T8 Hybrid (through Farmer's) and that is with a multi car discount and hone-umbrella-& Earthquake bundled!!! I am in Los Angeles, so I know it is more than other cities but that makes the Model 3 $3000/yr!!! That's crazy!! Ended up going with the Tesla Insurance at $188/mo or $2256/yr, which is still expensive for a $60K vehicle.

It might be a result of they way you have your insurance setup. The deductibles, coverage, etc. Unless you have any accidents or points on your record.

Reactions: StealthP3D
Trying to take deliver of my P in Carlsbad, found two Large gouges in the front bumper, very obvious. A tech nearby tried to tell mey hey, its a demo, tough luck, I called BS, my 6 yr old car is in better shape than this, they are now fighting amongst themselves, I'm trying to be reasonable and just have a due-bill, but they are saying either they are going to replace the fascia or do nothing at all. Gah, too much lost sleep over this stuff.. . Will post pics later.

• Informative
Reactions: sslack18
OK, made whole/happy. The DC actually replaced the front fascia, and buffed out most of the remaining scratches/blems. I'm going to do a full paint correction myself, but those scratches would not have buffed out. Stoked on the car, flogged it on the way home and still have a sh*t eating grin on my face. These things are awesome! Best of luck to those still in purgatory, I feel for ya. . . pics tomorrow.

OK, made whole/happy. The DC actually replaced the front fascia, and buffed out most of the remaining scratches/blems. I'm going to do a full paint correction myself, but those scratches would not have buffed out. Stoked on the car, flogged it on the way home and still have a sh*t eating grin on my face. These things are awesome! Best of luck to those still in purgatory, I feel for ya. . . pics tomorrow.

Congrats! I’m glad it all worked out for you.

It might be a result of they way you have your insurance setup. The deductibles, coverage, etc. Unless you have any accidents or points on your record.

I'm honestly really shocked at some of the numbers I'm seeing for insurance rates! No wonder Tesla wanted to start their own.

I don't know what the driving history or age, driving history or credit scores of these folks are. FWIW, I'm male, 35, married with no accidents or tickets in the last 10+ years, parked in garage and we pay $712 semi-annually to insure 2 teslas. San Diego, insurance through Costco (Ameriprise).

Love, Love, LOVE this car! Cannot believe how much power this thing has.

Took delivery on 12/26 from the Carlsbad DC. Not a single blemish, misaligned panel, squeak or rattle to be found. Upgraded from a BMW i3.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-28 at 6.51.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-28 at 6.51.41 PM.png
    252.7 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1270.jpeg
    IMG_1270.jpeg
    443.1 KB · Views: 59
I'm honestly really shocked at some of the numbers I'm seeing for insurance rates! No wonder Tesla wanted to start their own.

I don't know what the driving history or age, driving history or credit scores of these folks are. FWIW, I'm male, 35, married with no accidents or tickets in the last 10+ years, parked in garage and we pay $712 semi-annually to insure 2 teslas. San Diego, insurance through Costco (Ameriprise).

Took delivery on 12/26 from the Carlsbad DC. Not a single blemish, misaligned panel, squeak or rattle to be found. Upgraded from a BMW i3.
Had an i3 on a long term test drive. Oh those tires. Felt like i was all over the place.

Driver called me 3.5 hours ago. He said he wasn't sure how close to me he could get. After a couple of attempts to suggest routes to get here, I ended up suggesting we meet at a local shopping mall. He said he would be there at 7PM and was on time give or take a couple of minutes. Unloading took longer than anything else. The only hiccup is that Tesla doesn't seem to know I have a car. I haven't received an email with my docs (the driver says I should have) and my Tesla app isn't showing a vehicle. On the plus side, I ordered 12/13, so to quote Mr McFeely, "Speedy Delivery!"

Pictures when there's sunlight.

Just thought I'd check in.

Been driving this car around today and if you're still on the fence, just order it!

Smooth. Effortless. Hit 95mph in a blink of an eye. Handles great. Pilot PS4's sticky AF. One pedal driving is so nice. And it's efficient. Just charge overnight, good to go the next day. :D

IT'S WORTH EVERY MOTHER F'NG PENNY :cool::cool:

Juuuuust do it! (Shia voice) lol

Been driving this car around today and if you're still on the fence, just order it!

Smooth. Effortless. Hit 95mph in a blink of an eye. Handles great. Pilot PS4's sticky AF. One pedal driving is so nice. And it's efficient. Just charge overnight, good to go the next day. :D

I couldn't agree more!!! I have been just sitting in the car in the garage for the past 20 mins. Lol

• Love
Reactions: nonvinp3d
Our friend on the night of his delivery was in his car in the garage watching a movie on Netflix and loving the sound. Said it was a better experience than in his house. We’ve had our cars for a while now but have been known to sit in ours parked in the driveway playing one of the arcade games. I like to go for coffee in the morning and sit inside it listening to music or the radio for news or just catching up on news stories on my phone. Says something when even sitting in your car alone becomes a favorite thing Lol. But driving it is just the best experience bar none.

• Love
Reactions: sslack18

You’re lucky. Congrats on the pickup! Another vote for Ameriprise huh... Hmmmmm

X 1,000,000

• Love
Reactions: nonvinp3d