Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't have an SA at all. I call Marina Del Rey (pick up spot) if I want to remind Tesla I'm still alive with a driver license. I bought the car from a kid in the almost abandoned Del Amo Mall. I stopped by there again and he had some dope new trap music, but no new car info. His boss told me March 4 but it sounded like a guess.

Before we got the X, stopped off in Glendale at the Americana at Brand to check it out and got a 2 day loaner from them; far cry from Del Amo ;). When I inquired online with Tesla about receiving the car in LA, I think the first person with possibly the same ethnicity jumped on the email and contacted me frequently until I got a VIN assigned and delivery was all but assured. I don't think this person was even based at the same location as where I took delivery. Not knocking the SA at all, but this was probably their easiest commission :D

Reactions: en_passant
I wonder if they get commission at Tesla. You can really do the whole process yourself and not see a Tesla rep until delivery day. I also noticed nobody had that sales drive like they do at other dealerships that work on commissions. They let me play around the cars without having a salesperson attached to me.

I wonder if they get commission at Tesla. You can really do the whole process yourself and not see a Tesla rep until delivery day. I also noticed nobody had that sales drive like they do at other dealerships that work on commissions. They let me play around the cars without having a salesperson attached to me.

Maybe they don’t. But I think they can rest assured for now that the demand totally outstrips the supply.

They don't, at least they didn't last year at this time. I took a test drive a year ago and I was trying to be loyal and ask for my SA's card so I could use him when I buy. I have a sales background so I can appreciate doing that for someone. But he told me not to worry about it that he doesn't get commission. So I was like, really? You don't get anything? I can't even help you get a bonus by being the 20th car sale of the month or anything??? He said he gets absolutely nothing for selling a car, no perks, no bonuses. Pretty crazy, but I guess it goes along with Elon wanting to not be a dealership or give that type of experience.

• Informative
Reactions: en_passant
Anyone here order in Nashville? Ordered my Performance (Blue w/ black interior, FSD) 2/10, was told by my SA first couple weeks of March to expect delivery. She gives me an update every couple of days but I'm still waiting on my VIN.

My reading the forums for about three weeks now, Performance is in the back of the line. Lately its been SR orders. This week people are stating they are LR orders are being delivered. We are in Week 8 of the quarter and should be the last week for any international orders to make delivery for the quarter ends. I did the average on last quarter for Performance Models when ordered dates where Week 4 & 5 and it was delivery time about 36 days to Los Angeles, which is West Coast territory. So that being said, my predictions that I should get my ordered just a litter after you because you are closer to the East than I am even though I ordered before you. I also read that week 6 is when they focus on East Coast orders and Week 10 is when the focus on the West Coast orders. Check the log, run the Performance numbers with location and do an average of last quarter. I am sure Q4 has way more orders than this Q1 orders, so I hoping for a quick deliveries.

My reading the forums for about three weeks now, Performance is in the back of the line. Lately its been SR orders. This week people are stating they are LR orders are being delivered. We are in Week 8 of the quarter and should be the last week for any international orders to make delivery for the quarter ends. I did the average on last quarter for Performance Models when ordered dates where Week 4 & 5 and it was delivery time about 36 days to Los Angeles, which is West Coast territory. So that being said, my predictions that I should get my ordered just a litter after you because you are closer to the East than I am even though I ordered before you. I also read that week 6 is when they focus on East Coast orders and Week 10 is when the focus on the West Coast orders. Check the log, run the Performance numbers with location and do an average of last quarter. I am sure Q4 has way more orders than this Q1 orders, so I hoping for a quick deliveries.

we’re almost there!! We should be seeing VINs poppin up here in cali next week or following then. The wait sucks

So that pretty much aligns with what the SA told Paco0013 it sounds like. I ordered 1/31 but my SA has not offered an estimate on delivery date. I know my point of delivery will be Kansas City so it sounds like the 2nd or 3rd week of March would be the most likely timeframe.

we’re almost there!! We should be seeing VINs poppin up here in cali next week or following then. The wait sucks

Yea definitely by Week 10. The wait does suck, but give me time to appreciate my Miata just a little more!

So that pretty much aligns with what the SA told Paco0013 it sounds like. I ordered 1/31 but my SA has not offered an estimate on delivery date. I know my point of delivery will be Kansas City so it sounds like the 2nd or 3rd week of March would be the most likely timeframe.

Yea, it's more accurate, but hopefully you get it sooner than that!

Reactions: CitiesSprinter
Just got a text from my SA with the following (for recap, my order date was 1/18):

"Looks like your car will be built in the next week. Keep an eye out for contact from our Delivery Team. They are strict on quick response. Getting close!"

So, uh, WOOHOO!

/TCP

Lets go! What is your config? You are in the bay area so usually that's the last area they make deliveries.

Reactions: CitiesSprinter
Just got this text. For reference, I ordered a M3P white on white, perf package. Order date 1/13

——————-

Delivery timing update - we currently expect your Model 3 to be ready for delivery 4 - 6 weeks from today. We will provide further updates as the estimated build date gets closer and the time range narrows. Please note that your delivery may be earlier than this estimation if a car with your configuration becomes available.