Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We ordered another P3D back on January 14th. Just got the text today saying they're 4-6 weeks out still. Ordering the first one was nothing like this.

Is it typical for someone who ordered a month after someone else to get their car first? Seeing a few February orders who have < 2 week estimates. Am I missing something?

• Funny
Reactions: minomax
Is it typical for someone who ordered a month after someone else to get their car first? Seeing a few February orders who have < 2 week estimates. Am I missing something?

If they have their spec in stock then yes, theyll get it sooner.
Typically at the beginning of the quarter they make models for international. Then to east followed by west side towards end of quarter.
Sr+ got theirs first then LR are getting theirs now. Next should be performance models.

• Informative
Reactions: bcpm3p and ofcorona
Ordered Jan 24th. Blue with black interior. San Antonio, TX

Received today:
Delivery timing update - we now expect your Model 3 to be built in the next 2 weeks.

Also in San Antonio. Got the "2 weeks" text yesterday for White/Black P3D+. Ordered 1/18

No VIN in source code yet. I'm wondering when we will get that, and the prompt to submit payment.

I'm wondering if 2 weeks is the estimate for it to roll off the factory floor, or 2 weeks until its loaded on a transport and sent to TX

I got my text last night too funny thing is the one I received before was 3-6 weeks and this last one was 3-5 weeks. I ordered a Blue performance with black interior on 1/5 and live in Florida.

I’ve put my insurance in already but this has me wondering if I should apply for finance already. Especially if it’s possible for my delivery date to get pushed out further. I might just put cash for now and have my SA change it when I get some better info.

I’ve put my insurance in already.

I got my text last night too funny thing is the one I received before was 3-6 weeks and this last one was 3-5 weeks. I ordered a Blue performance with black interior on 1/5 and live in Florida.

I’ve put my insurance in already but this has me wondering if I should apply for finance already. Especially if it’s possible for my delivery date to get pushed out further. I might just put cash for now and have my SA change it when I get some better info.

I’ve put my insurance in already.

I selected cash right after I ordered but switched my payment method last week to financing. I don't know if that helped or not but I got the 2 weeks text last night. I order a blue performance with black interior as well, ordered 2/10 in Nashville. Seems like it's a bit of mystery on how they determine build dates.