Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ha I did too! But the credit application last 60 days so I am fine.
My SA told me to select "Cash" the day I placed the order (1/15/2020), he then told me to apply for credit end of Feb which I did and was approved. My order is as complete as can be.

It does feel the "order" of delivery is based off geography and not completeness of information entered into your Tesla order. That said I highly suggest filling out everything asked for in your Tesla order!

My SA told me to select "Cash" the day I placed the order (1/15/2020), he then told me to apply for credit end of Feb which I did and was approved. My order is as complete as can be.

It does feel the "order" of delivery is based off geography and not completeness of information entered into your Tesla order. That said I highly suggest filling out everything asked for in your Tesla order!

Yea that is smarter way, but hey if the credit application was expired, I wouldn't mind another 2-3 point loss on my credit.

Yea that is smarter way, but hey if the credit application was expired, I wouldn't mind another 2-3 point loss on my credit.
Correct, I was not too worried about the slight credit hit but my SA told me it was highly unlikely I would see the car in 60 days so marking the order as "paying cash" was the best. I also was on the fence about paying cash so I did not want an unnecessary credit pull if I chose cash :)

exactly this. subsequent credit checks could easily result in double-digit fico score drops. depends on other checks, utilization, etc.

let's hope it doesn't get to that

That's not entirely true.
I just had my credit checked three times. ( JP, Exotica, TD) and dropped my credit score by only 5 points. Hard inquires only affect 10% of your total score, so if you have multiple factors like the amount of payments, loans, and credit usage, its fine to have your credit score ding back to back like so.

Funny to hear everybody's experiences. My salesperson told me to fill out credit app ASAP (back in January) because they prioritize delivery based on completed profiles. Smelled very salesy, but I didn't want to risk it. I definitely got catfished.

Total BS. I ordered my car 10/19, went through the credit check at the same time, and the estimated delivery was 8-10 weeks. Picked up the car right at 10 weeks; 12/28. There were other people picking up their cars about the same time as me and they ordered their cars ~2 weeks prior. Personally, the experience made me feel there is no real advantage to ordering a car early; it's based on boosting end-of-quarter sales numbers which has more to do with where the car is being delivered rather than when you order.

Now, if someone is going to rate-match Tesla sourced financing, I would suggest getting an offer letter from another credit establishment 1-2 weeks before your estimated delivery date. (See point #2)

What happens after $100 deposit?

I just got a wonderful text from my SA. Background: ordered 1-13 white/black-Utah. I typically get a weekly personalized update, usually on Mondays saying no VIN, will keep checking yadda yadda. This last Monday I got the generic one a lot of you have spoke to getting. My generic one said 4-6 weeks as of last Monday. Now today I get a text from my SA (not the generic bulk text) saying we are getting close to delivery and that he has been instructed that complete profiles are getting priority (just like some have claimed being told) and to start getting financing etc going.

So I asked if he thought it was safe considering I don't want to have my credit pulled twice ,45 days I think is what my CU gives. He said yes, you should be good and to go ahead and work on financing.

So for what it's worth there is that. I know nothing is guaranteed and won't be mad at my SA, but I am going to finally go ahead and start my financing after two months :)

I just got a wonderful text from my SA. Background: ordered 1-13 white/black-Utah. I typically get a weekly personalized update, usually on Mondays saying no VIN, will keep checking yadda yadda. This last Monday I got the generic one a lot of you have spoke to getting. My generic one said 4-6 weeks as of last Monday. Now today I get a text from my SA (not the generic bulk text) saying we are getting close to delivery and that he has been instructed that complete profiles are getting priority (just like some have claimed being told) and to start getting financing etc going.

So I asked if he thought it was safe considering I don't want to have my credit pulled twice ,45 days I think is what my CU gives. He said yes, you should be good and to go ahead and work on financing.

So for what it's worth there is that. I know nothing is guaranteed and won't be mad at my SA, but I am going to finally go ahead and start my financing after two months :)

Same story for me a couple of weeks ago. "Complete your profile and apply financing" and "we're getting close to delivery"...

They were telling me this back in January. Unfortunately I think I’m also going to fall outside of my 45 day approval window unless I get the ability to pay within the next 2 weeks. Not holding my breath.

Someone know if they start production for model 3 performance (Order 28 january) ,,, i am in canada and our rebate finish on the 1 of april !!! 8000$
just hope they alreay produce it and the car is on the train! :eek:)

Last edited:
Someone know if they start production for model 3 performance (Order 28 january) ,,, i am in canada and our rebate finish on the 1 of april !!! 8000$
just hope they alreay produce and the car is on the train! :eek:)

I’m in the same boat ... ordered 02/07 and was told no problem to meet the date. Friend ordered a LR 02/13 and already has VIN and delivery date for early March.

Reactions: Rick71
just hope they alreay produce it and the car is on the train! :eek:)

In respect to your question, from what I have seen on the delivery spreadsheet and comments on the forums, it looks like SR and LR have been getting delivered Jan and Feb. Haven't seen a whole lot of performance delivery posts, so if they have not started on them yet, I imagine they will be pumping out a ton of them out here shortly.

I can definitely appreciate the situation your are in and the importance of getting delivery before April 1st, I am rooting for you!

I would take heart in the fact that Tesla will be pushing very hard to get as many cars out as possible in respect to Q1 performance. You never really know, but I'd bet you get yours before April 1st. I think in the next couple weeks we are going to be seeing a whole lot of delivery postings. :cool: