Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wouldn't for a year. of ownership. I am seriously on the fence to keep it or drop it knowing I will own at least 3-5 years and will that value be there. Wondering what your plan is and why you would want to invest that heavily into a depreciating asset just to sell and lose after 12 months? I don't know your financial situation, maybe you don't care.

I'm fine with losing a few thousand after a year. It seems like the depreciation value is the same for having FSD and not having FSD. So essentially I'll lose the same amount of money with either one. This will be my 3rd brand new vehicle within a year, but I just can't find anything that I'm really happy with. Maybe this one will be it. I don't see most vehicles as a investment so I know that they are a "waste" of money, but I'm at a point where some lost is fine.

Is there a premium? Is that why?

It's back to why would anyone really want the Stealth but pay the non-stealth price and then on top of it get the 19" rims for the extra 1K. You can't even get the rims as an option if you do a custom order. There’s a slight price break for it being a demo, but still...

BTW, just received the text saying I needed to pick a delivery date and when I looked 3/5 was the only option. Source code VIN also showed up today.
32FE0862-D349-4CA0-8297-3DFB8E9258A2.jpeg

In hindsight, I think maybe NOT doing the trade in would have helped me get my car. I really wish Tesla would tell people this if this is the case, because I could just sell my car to CarMax and Lyft over to Tesla on delivery day. I would have done this if I knew it would help..

Instead I still have no VIN even in the source code, and I have watched people from Brooklyn to Seattle get the same car with a later order date. The theories on where they deliver first and "what Lord Elon said" are great but I'm way over my date sitting on a pile of cash. I can't wait to get my car but I will not recommend this process to anybody I like.

I just saw this thread and didn’t know that Performance 3’s were not readily available. I ordered and purchased fresh off the truck a new 2019 somewhat rare red with white interior Performance 3+ about 5 months ago, it’s in South Florida, it’s garaged, and immaculate..... I’m a fanatic. I love the car but was considering trading it back to Tesla on either a Performance X or Performance Y. Tesla just offered me $53k this week to trade it back in. I might consider the option of passing it along privately for a little more than their offer and then just buy the X outright, if someone was interested they could PM me. I'm not really trying to sell the car because I don’t like the sales process but thought I’d throw it out there because the Performance 3’s seem somewhat in demand.

Last edited:
I just saw this thread and didn’t know that Performance 3’s were not readily available. I ordered and purchased fresh off the truck a new ‘19 red/white Performance 3+ about 5 months ago, it’s in South Florida, it’s garaged, and immaculate..... I’m a fanatic. I love the car but was considering trading it back to Tesla on either a Performance X or Performance Y. Tesla just offered me $53k this week to trade it back in. I might consider the option of passing it along privately for a little more than their offer and then just buy the X outright, if someone was interested they could PM me. I'm not really trying to sell the car because I don’t like the sales process but thought I’d throw it out there because the Performance 3’s seem somewhat in demand.
They just build the Performance models last apparently. Seems kind of odd that the save the most expensive ones for last.

Its happening! When did you order and delivery to where?
Updated the sheet.

San Francisco.
1/8 - ordered
A few “estimated delivery texts” For next few weeks
2/24 - Got the “your car should be built in 2 weeks” text
2/29 - Got the your car is in transit text
2/29 - scheduled the delivery and VIN now shows in the account page and not just source code

so yeah the 2 week built text is a good indicator. I know it says it’s in transit but it doesn’t take that long to go from Fremont to San Francisco, even in rush hour :). I took that as code speak for “we don’t have enough delivery slots”.

Updated the sheet.

San Francisco.
1/8 - ordered
A few “estimated delivery texts” For next few weeks
2/24 - Got the “your car should be built in 2 weeks” text
2/29 - Got the your car is in transit text
2/29 - scheduled the delivery and VIN now shows in the account page and not just source code

so yeah the 2 week built text is a good indicator. I know it says it’s in transit but it doesn’t take that long to go from Fremont to San Francisco, even in rush hour :). I took that as code speak for “we don’t have enough delivery slots”.
Congrats!

I’m hopeful that I’ll get the “built within 2 weeks” text on Monday and then see some traction after that. I only 4 days after you, so that’d be in line!