Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As of yesterday afternoon, my Tesla Purchase Adventure is officially complete.

Details:

Model 3 Performance White Exterior/Black Interior, Autopilot only (No FSD)
  • 1.27.2020 - Placed order from Bellevue, WA, USA (with a reported 7-9 Week wait)
  • 2.24.2020 - Received a text on stating 3-6 weeks wait (after 4 weeks)
  • 2.29.2020 - Found a VIN in the Source Code
  • 3.01.2020 - Got a text to schedule delivery (I chose the earliest available: 3.4.2020)
  • 3.04.2020 - Took delivery of the car.
Total wait: 37 Days

Notes: I was not a current owner, I did not have a trade-in, I used a third-party lending institution.

Other than my pickup appointment getting delayed by 5 hours, the delivery process was fast and smooth. The delay was due to the car not arriving to the dealer until the morning of my appointment, instead of the previous evening. My Delivery Associate was great and went out of his way to personalize my experience and make it memorable (or MORE memorable ;)

The car is in great condition. It was detailed, washed, and charged to 89%. I could find no flaws, except for some very minor adhesive residue on some of the chrome in a couple of spots that rubbed off easily.

For my experience, it was very much 'under promise, over deliver'. I am an impatient person, so the wait seemed unbearable, but now that i have the car, i can see it was not as long as it could have been.

So far, so good! I am very pleased.

Congrats! Hopefully folks here get their soon, including me! I am not big into flaws, a car is a car.

Edit: You took 37 days. That is one day more that that average I calculated. I am sitting on 30 days at the moment.

Reactions: Paco0013
Long-time lurker, first post. I ordered 1/25 PD3+ black on black. Got the 2/24 text. Hoping it goes thru before 3/25 (60 days) so I won't have to reapply for financing. My SA seems annoyed when I reach out, so I check this thread constantly. I'm not getting any updates, like production dates. What can SA's see besides "waiting for VIN match"?

Long-time lurker, first post. I ordered 1/25 PD3+ black on black. Got the 2/24 text. Hoping it goes thru before 3/25 (60 days) so I won't have to reapply for financing. My SA seems annoyed when I reach out, so I check this thread constantly. I'm not getting any updates, like production dates. What can SA's see besides "waiting for VIN match"?
Until a VIN is assigned, I don't think the SA's can do much at all other than tell you what they're currently seeing. It doesn't sound like they're given a lot of advanced information at all. Once you have a VIN assigned, they should be able to give you much more.

I can't imagine that it will be later than 3/25 since you ordered in January.

Your order is exactly the same as mine, same order date & config. Like you the only information/update I have received was the mass text most of us received 2/24. I'll update this tread with any progress!

How's this for life sucks.....Was assigned a VIN this week and a delivery date for my car, 3/20. My rep called me today to apologize. The car assigned to me is actually in VA and will not be mine....So I go back into the queue.....no ETA on getting a car...

Sorry to hear that :( I'm in the same boat as you, we ordered very close to the same time (I ordered 1/25). I have heard nothing besides the infamous 2/24 text that most others received. I did attend the new Tesla owners workshop in Las Vegas a couple Fridays ago...I might go to the workshop tomorrow to see if I can get any information!

Models Y vin were assigned today. Hmmmm o_O Defn a hold up with our orders.

I would be shocked if they didn't finish up orders from Feb in Q1, model Y or not. I think you are just waiting for the batch of white interior performance models to pop out of the factory. When I picked up my car tonight one of the SA's did say they will be delivering Y's this month from their store. But I am rooting for you, I think it's coming soon!

Reactions: ofcorona
Anyways.... It finally happened everyone, started saving two years ago, lease expiring March 22nd so I panicked Jan 13th when I saw orders jump to 8-11 weeks, ordered Jan 13th. Ended up getting it 7 weeks 3 days, (white on black perf with FSD.) My bro came with me to pick it up, hoping to recruit him to the Tesla family. We about fell out of the car in laughter after flooring this thing.. HOOOOOOLY #%$%$!!! I'll be posting a youtube, got in on the gopro. But for now, hang in there everyone still waiting. Sooooo worth it!

Attachments

• Tesladay1.jpg
    Tesladay1.jpg
    390.9 KB · Views: 61
  • Tesladay2.jpg
    Tesladay2.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 50
The spreadsheet shows 4 recently-configured M3P in VA, none of which appear to have a VIN yet:

View attachment 517946

...including mine:

2020 Model 3 Performance, Blue/White, FSD
Ordered 1/23
Original estimate: 7-9 weeks (3/12 - 3/26).
Last update: "built in 2 weeks" text on 2/24
No VIN in source

Where did you get this spreadsheet? How do you check to see if your build is on there?

I ordered 1/13 a LR but on 3/1 upgraded to Performance in San Jose, CA. White/Black no FSD. I just saw my VIN today in the source code.