Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Periodic Single Short Horn Beeps - Why?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went to garage this AM. Fob in pocket, car charging. While I was moving around in garage, horn gave a very, very short beep. Unhooked charging cable and stowed it. Started to take garbage out to curb, and horn beeped again. 3-4 minutes later, it did it again. Have never had that happen before in 18 mos of MX service.

Any ideas as to what might be causing that? How to get it to quit?

• Funny
Reactions: forkee
Did you get an update?
upload_2019-6-28_8-47-40.png
upload_2019-6-28_8-47-40.png

Went to garage this AM. Fob in pocket, car charging. While I was moving around in garage, horn gave a very, very short beep. Unhooked charging cable and stowed it. Started to take garbage out to curb, and horn beeped again. 3-4 minutes later, it did it again. Have never had that happen before in 18 mos of MX service.

Any ideas as to what might be causing that? How to get it to quit?
There’s a new setting to beep when the car locks. Bc the car unlocks on approach instead of by touching the car it is constantly locking and unlocking when passive entry mode is on. That’s my guess as to what’s happening to you.

Bc of the constant locking and unlocking we turned passive entry off. It’s not as cool to have to pull out the key fob and double click it to get inhee car, it it’s less annoying then hearing the mirrors fold in and out all the time.

There’s a new setting to beep when the car locks. Bc the car unlocks on approach instead of by touching the car it is constantly locking and unlocking when passive entry mode is on. That’s my guess as to what’s happening to you.

Bc of the constant locking and unlocking we turned passive entry off. It’s not as cool to have to pull out the key fob and double click it to get inhee car, it it’s less annoying then hearing the mirrors fold in and out all the time.

I think you may be right - thanks!

Reactions: TKGA