Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Personal security while sleeping at a charging stop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MXWing

Oct 13, 2016
USA
Your home is your castle.

When you are plugged in, you have no means of retreat.

My castle is always defended so I feel very secure.

It's far faster and easier for me to immobilize a threat than to struggle with unplugging a charger and trying to drive off.

Prey mentality runs rampant among Tesla owners. I hope this mentality decreases as more and more of the general populace start to own these vehicles.

Your home is your castle.

When you are plugged in, you have no means of retreat.

My castle is always defended so I feel very secure.

It's far faster and easier for me to immobilize a threat than to struggle with unplugging a charger and trying to drive off.

Prey mentality runs rampant among Tesla owners. I hope this mentality decreases as more and more of the general populace start to own these vehicles.
I agree, but in most of CA (populated areas) you still can't get a CCW.

Reactions: Sandollars
I agree, but in most of CA (populated areas) you still can't get a CCW.

Which is highly unfortunate and wrong. Think the criminals threatening you and your loved ones give zero fraks if they have a piece of paper or not?

Best to have the piece of paper but I would believe you car is definitely a "camp site" if plugged in. By Tesla's design itself - you have no means of escape or retreat.

Conventional wisdom is being tried by 12 vs carried by 6 is preferable.

In California, it's not so conventional when it comes to wisdom.

All else failing, carry the most lethal and effective stopping power instrument available to you legally at all times.

Which is highly unfortunate and wrong. Think the criminals threatening you and your loved ones give zero fraks if they have a piece of paper or not?

Best to have the piece of paper but I would believe you car is definitely a "camp site" if plugged in, and no means of escape or retreat.

Tried by 12 vs carried by 6.

All else failing, carry the most lethal and effective stopping power instrument available to you legally at all times.
Yea, but if you get caught bye bye career. It's a felony.

Yea, but if you get caught bye bye career. It's a felony.

The question is if your Tesla is a "temporary residence" when plugged in.

If so, yes you can be fully loaded. Before you unplug though, you will need to store your firearm unloaded in a locked storage area not immediately accessible to your persons.

Nothing beats .45ACP JHP for stopping power but if no access - a blade, taser, pepper spray, tire checker - have something with you.

My 2nd pick behind a Shield 9MM is a Cuda Maxx. Would be fast and effective in a carjacking situation.

Camillus-Cuda-Maxx-Spear-Point-Blue-CU2262-BHQ-50027-jr-large.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: P85_DA
The question is if your Tesla is a "temporary residence" when plugged in.

If so, yes you can be fully loaded. Before you unplug though, you will need to store your firearm unloaded in a locked storage area not immediately accessible to your persons.

Nothing beats .45ACP JHP for stopping power but if no access - a blade, taser, pepper spray, tire checker - have something with you.

My 2nd pick behind a Shield 9MM is a Cuda Maxx. Would be fast and effective in a carjacking situation.

Camillus-Cuda-Maxx-Spear-Point-Blue-CU2262-BHQ-50027-jr-large.jpg
I'd probably get myself into trouble with a knife, but that sure is a nice one. I think that too is illegal is certain cities within CA. Knife laws vary by city here, I think anything longer than 3" is illegal in Los Angels, or maybe it's only for open carry of a knife. I believe it is ok to carry this concealed in the car in SanDiego, but not in the pocket at public meetings or public buildings.

It's 2.5" max at my work.

Although I'm pretty sure he is wrong about assisted opening knifes, And I believe you can carry concealed folding knifes over 3". Well unless your religion requires it.

I'd probably get myself into trouble with a knife, but that sure is a nice one. I think that too is illegal is certain cities within CA. Knife laws vary by city here, I think anything longer than 3" is illegal in Los Angels, or maybe it's only for open carry of a knife. I believe it is ok to carry this concealed in the car in SanDiego, but not in the pocket at public meetings or public buildings.

It's 2.5" max at my work.

Although I'm pretty sure he is wrong about assisted opening knifes, And I believe you can carry concealed folding knifes over 3". Well unless your religion requires it.
This is considered an illegal weapon in California....
nerf.jpg

You can use a lock box, make sure you have loaded magazines separate from the firearm, and your covered should the law have reason to poke around your car.

https://www.amazon.com/Caesar-Safe-...M5A3SZP3CM3&psc=1&refRID=SDGKE4SCZM5A3SZP3CM3
Actually you can keep loaded magazines with the gun, so long as they are not inserted into the gun.

Where it gets weird is if you attach the safe to the car, then it becomes illegal to store a gun in. Better to just use a locking bag or box and toss it under the seat but a safe does not make sense because it cannot be attached to the vehicle (becomes a utility compartment). CA laws are clearly written by morons.

• Funny
Reactions: outdoors
Not to mention the 8 cameras on the car... :)

Cameras can’t defend you the way a good gun or knife can.

Remember when you dial 911, it’s not calling for an adult with a baton to save you. It’s calling for a gun. Minutes arrival at best when you have seconds is no good.

Police also have no obligation to protect you, and making big assumptions they will risk their neck to save yours.

I bypass all that risk and uncertainty by not outsourcing my own protection.

Last edited: