Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phantom / Vampire Drain on Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car was delivered with updated BMS bootloader and last week got 28.2 update. I lost 8-10 miles each night until I log out and deleted Tazlab app from my phone. Now I lose only 1-2 miles each night parking in garage.
Glad you realized that was the problem and not your car. As I’ve said before, I don’t understand how people let third party crap communicate with their Tesla, and then complain about vampire drain.

Reactions: Gadgetboyea
My vampire drain is down to next to nothing(max 3 miles a day -- usually 1 mile) after 9-10 miles per day. In addition to the things I mentioned earlier, I have also disabled Tezlabs. I changed the password on my Tesla account so it can no longer Poll my car. The Tesla service guy said if that is polling the car frequently you will get drain. I do know that Tezlabs made some changes last week that might have helped too.

Are others finding Vampire Drain is getting better now?

I had a fan that constantly ran and drained the battery at 1 mile/ hour, 24 in a day. Tesla diagnosis found a app was keeping the computer fan on 24/7. I changed my password so TeslaFI could not connect and now phantom drain is 0 to 1 mile in a day. What a huge difference!

F2F9494B-6B89-4E52-B761-CF24352EF8C9.jpeg
Excessive vampire drain started from a couple of days ago.
I charged to 80% this morning and battery dropped to 77% in the afternoon. I didn't pull out the charging cable after charging is done, and I haven't driven the vehicle.
Sentry mode turned off.
My TM3 parked inside of the garage and I live in SoCal.

Last edited: