Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Philly Area Car Inspection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In 2018 I stayed with the car and made them aware of using it and the lift points. There weren't many Model 3s in the northern suburbs where I live. Since then I have just been using the closest places to my house. They have seen Teslas before and know how to use the key, where to find info, etc. I took a peek underneath afterwards and the layer of dirt was only disturbed at the lift points.
I just had mine done at a small shop and it was fine. They even said they had a P100D in earlier in the week. If you are concerned you can always call and talk to them about it before scheduling.

Reactions: Apone
My plan is what has been stated by others. Ask if they have done it, provide the pucks, stay with the car if not comfortable, use the place across from Devon as they must have done this a time or two. There is an Audi place down the street as well I think. With so few moving parts and systems there is not much for them to find. Just give me a quick safety check on the items the state says I'm not qualified to inspect, take my money and let me go.

Reactions: DDHEverything
when did you guys purchase? I still have a temporary registration tag which is set to expire 12/12/2020. I'm told you need the full registration before you can get it inspected. have you guys found otherwise? got my 3 in september.

when did you guys purchase? I still have a temporary registration tag which is set to expire 12/12/2020. I'm told you need the full registration before you can get it inspected. have you guys found otherwise? got my 3 in september.
It's been a couple years, but I got mine soon after picking up the car so you don't have to wait. I still had temporary registration at the time. I think one of the papers Tesla provided at delivery was all they needed.

• Informative
Reactions: iSpine

We purchased a year ago and had it down immediately but I didn’t really know about then potential issues/pucks at the time. I’m up for a new inspection so wanted to go somewhere stress free.

That's crazy, NJ doesn't even inspect electric cars. You don't even need a sticker on the windshield.

Not to mention 5k rebate and no sales tax.

I grew up in PA and don't miss AT ALL the State (Liquor) Stores, private auto inspections and vehicle "Tag & Title" shops. NJ has plenty of problems, but I love not having a sticker on my windshield!

It's been a couple years, but I got mine soon after picking up the car so you don't have to wait. I still had temporary registration at the time. I think one of the papers Tesla provided at delivery was all they needed.

thanks for this info. I just called a local shop near me that does Tesla inspections (JCL Automotive in Hellertown, PA) and they confirmed I can get the inspection done with my pink form and insurance info.

I grew up in PA and don't miss AT ALL the State (Liquor) Stores, private auto inspections and vehicle "Tag & Title" shops. NJ has plenty of problems, but I love not having a sticker on my windshield!

I will actually miss the state stores when we move out of state. I like how clean and organized they all are. I also like their prices given their immense buying power. And I despise almost everything about NJ.

I got the car October 8th or so. I still have not done the windshield sticker, I keep forgetting since we don't go far right now. In addition to the fact that I've never purchased a car and immediately had to get it inspected myself.... A brand new car, just give me the stickers. I transferred my plates so never had a paper one or anything.

Side topic, we need a NJ, PA, DE area owners forum section. We had one when I was in NASIOC (Subaru community) and it was great for these types of things. As well as checking out things like wheels and suspension changes with people close by. Sharing shop experiences etc.

May I recommend you consider the owners club? In SE PA, NJ and DE it's Delaware Valley Tesla Owners Club. It's a place for this kind of discussion and get togethers. (Ok, pre/post covid in person, now via zoom.) We also teach boot camps for new owners and for first responders. dvto.club

Done, thanks. I did not realize that it was housed under "groups". I was scanning for a main forum section.