TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Phone automatically calling last contact when entering/exiting vehicle

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by badiban, Dec 31, 2019.

1. badiban

badiban Member

Strange bug I started experiencing on version 2019.40.50.1. Yesterday, I used the voice command feature to call my friend. Ever since, every time I enter/exit my car, the Bluetooth will automatically call him.

A soft reboot seems to have fixed the problem for now. I will not be using the voice command feature to call anyone on my contacts until this bug is resolved. I have not been able to replicate it by manually starting a phone call from my phone.

Anyone else experienced this bug?

2. gogogadgetlegz

gogogadgetlegz New Member

Yes, this started happening to us too and it is crazy annoying. Thanks for the tip on the reboot - we’ll try it.

3. John S.

John S. Member

Happening to me too. Crazy annoying bug on both entry and exit, it just initiates a phone call based on my last dialed number. I’ve done the soft reboot and thought it was fixed, but it’s back now. I’m now deleting my phone key, forgetting the device on Bluetooth, and starting from scratch with a key card. Didn’t think it was because I used voice dial as I’ve been using voice dial for months with no issue, but I’ll avoid that for awhile too.

for the record, this is happening on my iPhone 6s while my wife’s iPhone 10 hasn’t happened yet.

4. badiban

badiban Member

I managed to fix it by doing a soft reboot (holding both buttons on steering wheel). I think I'll stop using voice commands to call until this is confirmed to be fixed.

5. John S.

John S. Member

After the soft reboot didn’t fix the problem, I deleted my phone from both Bluetooth and the key function, essentially starting from scratch. Been all good since.

6. Bill Foster

Bill Foster I'm going home!

Did a reset on my phone and it stopped.

7. Need

Need Active Member

Bug Report "Tesla butt dial problem...every time I sit down, it dials...":D

8. Darmie

Darmie Supporting Member

Strange problems for sure. I remember back 25 or so years ago a list of things that you car would have issues with if Microsoft built a vehicle. One was not being able to put the car in reverse until after a reboot. Here we are today rebooting our cars for the simple fixes. I guess the good thing is haven't got the blue screen of death yet.