Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth does not automatically connect entering the car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does Bluetooth automatically connect to a phone (iPhone 14 pro) anymore? I swear it used to but for the life of me, I cannot get it to work. I have to hit Bluetooth, then select the phone, then hit connect each time I get in the car. It is set to 'priority' but it will not autoconnect.

I found a post that said to 1) remove it from the car and reboot 2) remove it from the phone and reboot 3) then re-pair them and set to priority. That does not work for me. It still makes to manually connect each time I get in the car.

Any ideas?

I don’t have an S but on my M3P 2022 to ensure the phone connects 100% of the time I have to ensure I press the brake pedal as I get into the car before I close the door.

Try that and report back. If not could be some kind of problem.

Reactions: dcp123
Just happened to me. After work I drove to a store. When I left the store my Y was still locked and I could see sentry mode on on the screen. i tapped on my phone to connect to MYLR bluetooth 3 separate times but it kept saying can not connect. I then turned off bluetooth and turned it back on, but still would no connect. I opened the app and unlocked the car. After sat down, the bluetooth finally connected....

Well the legacy S does not have the BT key so it does not affect the entry. But I thought this was because of my phone (non Apple or Android) that my have to follow specific steps to get it seen. I also lost the BT connectivity around the same time as OP but I have MCU1 and there has been no recent upgrades for the car.
I did follower the instruction listed in the first post and this gave me connection back. But my phone still needs that specific approach to connect to car so it’s my daily rutine.