Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone call from Tesla regarding Model X 5 seats and SAS UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Guys,

I wondered if anyone else had received a phone call from Tesla on friday regarding 5 seat Model X configuration which is now unavailable with none air suspension?
I was offered to pay £1100 to upgrade to SAS.
I politely told them that I ordered the car without SAS as i didn't think it would be a benefit and even at a discount I still don`t see a benefit.........

I suggested including the 6 seat option for the £1100

I am still waiting for them to come back to me...........

Yep, that`s my thought process too. I pointed out that it was Tesla that offered my original configuration which I happily agreed to and paid my £2000 deposit. Tesla confirmed the order .....deal done as far as I am concerned.

Why should I have to pay for Tesla changing their mind and making a commercial decision to include SAS on all Model X ?

To be honest in my view if they choose to remove a feature after they have a full order and deposit paid then I think they should provide the SAS for free, based on there own principles they should pay you £500 for changing the order after all it is Tesla that wants to change your order and if wanted to change you order they would charge you £500.

Reactions: Tanflado
Tesla discontinued the 85 (which I had ordered) during my wait for delivery. They gave me the option to downgrade to smaller battery (with refund) or upgrade to larger one (at increased cost).

I suppose this is different - the option has never come into being - but seems similar to me in the sense that, for whatever reason, Tesla have decided not to make it. No real "downgrade" route available though ...