TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Phone calls not working

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by gelabela, Jan 4, 2020.

1. gelabela

gelabela Member

Hi! I’m not sure if it is just user error but my phone calls don’t work. I can sync my phone book and place and receive calls but I hear nothing at all and neither does the person on the other line. I checked the phone volume and it seems to be up. What am I missing? Is anyone else having this problem?

PS-everything else seems to be working fine. If I try to listen to Spotify through my phone (and not through Tesla) it will still play it.

2. joequavis

joequavis New Member

I have the same issue. I have a CAT S60 (android ~5 yrs old). I know - I need a new phone, but the phone call feature used to work. I don't use it often, so not sure when it stopped.

Are you still having this issue?

3. XLR82XS

XLR82XS D M C

Bumping old thread since I'm having this issue since the latest update to 2020.20.12

Phone will ring once and card will show incoming call as normal - but only 1 ring. When pressing the answer button I hear nothing from the other party even though the call timer is running. The only way to take the call is via the phone itself.

4. RedVinesRanch

RedVinesRanch Member

Having similar issue with Pixel 3. On the same update as you. Turns out the other party can usually hear me and I can't hear them.

Also been stuck a few times where it won't hang up. Have to turn bluetooth off/on to get radio back.

Calling using "recent contacts" list from phone functions works the best. Voice dialing "Call wife" never connects for me.

5. caric

caric Member

This happened to me every other call. I rebooted car (hold down both steering wheel buttons) and the next call worked. Need to try a few more calls to test.

6. RedVinesRanch

RedVinesRanch Member

7. caric

caric Member

about 50% of the time, I get no sound at all upon making or receiving a call.

I have found a workaround though; if there's no sound, I grab my phone, switch the phone output from "Tesla Model 3", to "iPhone". then I hold the phone to my head and am able to talk and hear the call. as soon as I get a chance, I then switch the phone output back from "iPhone" to "Tesla Model 3", and so far that has worked every single time I've tried it.

• Informative x 1
  8. cubedweller

cubedweller Member

I occasionally have the same issue. 2020.20.12. iPhone 11 Pro.

9. RedModel3

RedModel3 Member

Same with me, and also my contacts won't sync. No problems for two years until this recent update.

10. Mervg

Mervg Member

Had same issue
    And for the iphone the solution mentioned above - switching The audio on the iphone to internal or speaker and then back toTesla - works every time

that said it’s a pain in the rear

11. caric

caric Member

You can try unpairing and re-pairing your phone (just for Bluetooth audio, not the phone key Bluetooth). That has fixed the contacts sync for me in the past.

12. RedModel3

RedModel3 Member

Did that. Today I think I'll try yet another re-boot and multiple resets of bluetooth. If that doesn't work, I'll just chill until my service appointment later this month. I don't have to drive much anyway, so I can do without my phone for calling, for now.