Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone Slipping off Charger Shelf - Unusable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What does it say underneath when you take it off? Should say M3 / MY, console wireless phone dock bar like below.

IMG_6860.jpg

I made an appointment last week and I'm scheduled for this Wednesday to get this part looked at.

Even after providing clear photos of my car vs. some of the examples you guys posted (thank you), they don't believe this part is wrong and the resolution seems to be: "Remote - Education" meaning they think they can just educate me on how to use my phone correctly on the charging pad. I keep getting pushback like: "try without a phone case," and it's clear I have no phone case. Finally they said they'll diagnose when I get there, and if the part needs replacing it will have to be a special order. Seriously? Why can't they just make a decision based on the clear photos and order it before the appointment?

They also want to replace my entire RH fender. I have no idea why. I already got the XPEL wrap, and they won't tell me why because they said they didn't write the "concern," so they're not sure why this is happening. I don't think I ever put a concern down that I wanted the fender replaced.

I dropped the car off this morning at the service here in Berkeley. They said they've never seen this before. They went and looked at a different Model Y, and confirmed that it was a completely wrong part.

Their observations were in this order:
1. Looks like the pad is way thicker
2. The lip piece should be fine, though I had shown them multiple photos from this thread even last week
3. They went and pulled one off of another MY they had and compared it
4. They confirmed what I was saying, that the part is totally wrong and they need to order a new one

It didn't seem like they saw this issue before. They were as surprised as I was. They didn't believe it could have been the wrong part, but there it is.

The next steps is they're ordering a new one and will send a mobile service out to the house to replace it. I mean, it'll take less than 5 seconds to slip it on, but at least I don't have to go back in.

They're replacing a few other things (trim is broken and won't stay in place, and the seats have really weird scuffs they will have a detailer clean up, and if it's not cleanable, they will just order a new middle seat).

• Funny
Reactions: MP3Mike
Finally, this week they got the part and swapped it in (less than 10 seconds to do). The part was delivered a week and a half ago, but their next mobile appointment was 3 weeks out, and the next service center appointment was 1.5 weeks out, so I had to wait even longer.

I asked if I could just come pick up the part and do it myself, since it would literally take 10 seconds, and they said they had to check. Everytime I asked, the person said they would check, but never got back to me. I guess I should have just called instead of texted.

Whatever, it's fixed! This is the dumbest thing lol. How could they have gotten it so wrong?

Reactions: FrankTUTB