Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone wont unlock car often

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife will no longer drive our model 3 as she is scared she will need to get into the car fast and it wont let her in.I have had my model 3 since April,without much issue. But for the last month or so most of the time it wont recognize my either of our phones so wont let us open the door or trunk. If I open the APP and click on the unlock button it pretty much always unlocks and I dont have issues driving the car. I have the latest update in the car and on the phone (iPhone X). Service center does not know what to do, does anyone have any ideas?

You connection to the phone is bluetooth. Phones, and perhaps the iPhone in particular, has a limited number of devices it can have a good connection too. These problems are common for folks with lots of tracker tiles, which take up all of the bluetooth ports. Turn off your tracker app except when "in use." Your phone will manage remaining bluetooth devices MUCH better, including your car. Perhaps that's what's going on.

Also, this problem has been reported commonly with folks who leave their phone in the pockets. Seems butts efficiently absorb bluetooth signals. Perhaps that's what's going on.

Reactions: Scrutmonkey