Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not automatically slecting profile on entry

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wifes Model 3 has recently lost the ability to automatically select her profile after she has used her phone to open the car.
Each time it has a blank profile and she has to use the card to start the car. I believe her profile (and mine) are still in the cars memory but why does it not now automatically select the profile of whoever opens the car with their phone as it used to??

any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers

Speedynelson MYP

How to do that please ? Have the same challenge here.

Here are the instructions in the Tesla online manual:

=========================================

Linking a Driver Profile to a Key​

You can link a driver profile to a key (or keys) to allow Model 3 to automatically select the correct driver profile when the linked key is detected as you approach the vehicle and open the driver's door. To link a driver profile to a key, first ensure you are using your desired driver profile, then touch Controls > Locks > Keys. You can toggle the driver icon to link or delete a key to the desired driver profile. The name of the driver profile appears under the key to show that it is linked.

========================================

Note that, in my experience, there is a large difference in "My car never, ever selects my / wifes profile when I open it with my phone key" and " Sometimes the car selects the wrong profile when we both get in it. We both have phone keys setup".

The first one (never selects profile), my advice would be to ensure you have the profile paired with the correct phone key. The second one "sometimes opens the wrong profile" is a re occuring thing that normally seems to have something to do with 2 different people having phone keys, and who opens what door to the car first.

• Love
Reactions: Joesmoe3