Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pic of your Model 3.......RIGHT NOW! [model 3 pictures thread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
97C8EB60-B076-456B-959B-22DE4FF27181.jpeg

Who would sleep in a tent that has a Tesla? I guess if there are two of you. Just waking up in San Luis Obispo, plugged into the BodyMind free chargers overnight, getting ready for the Tesla Takeover event this morning. What a great night.
I used to sleep in mine with a Dreamcase, but wanted a bit more leg room, etc. Bought a Maggiolina Grand Tour. Within spec (I couldn't resist) for weight on the roof racks and very comfortable for long road trips or camping trips. Every time I use it I get tons of people asking about it!

Attachments

• IMG_1106.JPG
    IMG_1106.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 257
  • IMG_1107.JPG
    IMG_1107.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 272
Yeah, but I can stealth camp in the Tesla while I charge and the point is that I am using camp mode to keep me comfortable. The weather swung 58° from a high of 106° to just now waking up to 48°. That would be uncomfortable in a tent, I think. Here I just set the temp to 65° and fall asleep.

Interesting concept though. Looks like what they have on those Juicy mini-RVs

Reactions: id436eg9045
Yeah, but I can stealth camp in the Tesla while I charge and the point is that I am using camp mode to keep me comfortable. The weather swung 58° from a high of 106° to just now waking up to 48°. That would be uncomfortable in a tent, I think. Here I just set the temp to 65° and fall asleep.

Interesting concept though. Looks like what they have on those Juicy mini-RVs
Yeah, I still have the Dreamcase for those quick trips and if I feel like doing that. I just hate the cramped space with the fixed shelf in the rear of the 3. The Maggi GT has 9 windows for plenty of ventilation (see out but no one can see in). And because it is no wider than the car it is completely legal to use and sleep in anywhere (in the EU at least) as it is not legally considered "camping". The camping designation comes if the roof tent extends past the width of the car, OR if the ladder is required to support the roof top tent. The Maggi doesn't have either.

• Informative
Reactions: israndy