Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pic of your Model 3.......RIGHT NOW! [model 3 pictures thread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
xz54D2y
xz54D2y
model 3.JPG

Reactions: Mr X
Wrap was 2k with complete wrap and chrome delete with a 2 year warranty for any peeling anywhere on the vehicle. They also did a custom design for me on the front bumper and some small details I wanted done. For 2k I didn't feel it was that bad as some companies quoted me closer to 3-5k just for the wrap alone.

Damn thats expensive. How much was it for the chrome delete alone?

Damn thats expensive. How much was it for the chrome delete alone?

That's a really great price for a wrap if it was done just about right. I paid $2700 (lowest quote) for my wrap in LA and there's a few areas that could have been done better. The owner said he would correct them for me as I have a 2 year warranty but they are small and I don't want to take my car back down there right now. Also paid $150 for Nikola Pro chrome delete and did that myself so 2k for all of that is a bargain

nxE08hP.jpg

That's a really great price for a wrap if it was done just about right. I paid $2700 (lowest quote) for my wrap in LA and there's a few areas that could have been done better. The owner said he would correct them for me as I have a 2 year warranty but they are small and I don't want to take my car back down there right now. Also paid $150 for Nikola Pro chrome delete and did that myself so 2k for all of that is a bargain

Ohh I see, this is my first car so I'm new to all this. Tints, Wraps, Rims, etc (haven't been into cars or anything like that since middle school, ironically)

This might be a dumb question but when would you wrap it up as opposed to re-painting?

Ohh I see, this is my first car so I'm new to all this. Tints, Wraps, Rims, etc (haven't been into cars or anything like that since middle school, ironically)

This might be a dumb question but when would you wrap it up as opposed to re-painting?

Oh got it. Wraps generally cost anywhere from $2500-$5000 (Higher priced wrap shops consist of actually removing the body panels and wrapping them separate and then putting them back on for full coverage along all the corners and edges). The place that did my wrap did not remove any panels for example. And some of the corners are lifting slightly. They simply wrapped over and tucked away. Not bad for the price and they did a decent job but obviously could have been done better, but double the price wasn't worth it to me.

I would never get my car re-painted. Wrapping is so much easier, can be removed with a heat gun, no residue leftover on your paint, costs way less and there are hundreds of different colors and patterns you can choose from. I know a guy that's had his car re-wrapped 4 times now. He had this sweet bright orange wrap for 4 months on his McLaren 720s and then got bored and got a military green wrap with yellow calipers and two other wraps prior to those lol

Oh got it. Wraps generally cost anywhere from $2500-$5000 (Higher priced wrap shops consist of actually removing the body panels and wrapping them separate and then putting them back on for full coverage along all the corners and edges). The place that did my wrap did not remove any panels for example. And some of the corners are lifting slightly. They simply wrapped over and tucked away. Not bad for the price and they did a decent job but obviously could have been done better, but double the price wasn't worth it to me.

I would never get my car re-painted. Wrapping is so much easier, can be removed with a heat gun, no residue leftover on your paint, costs way less and there are hundreds of different colors and patterns you can choose from. I know a guy that's had his car re-wrapped 4 times now. He had this sweet bright orange wrap for 4 months on his McLaren 720s and then got bored and got a military green wrap with yellow calipers lol

Oh, nice so I can wrap it and than un-wrap and go back to my Black whenever I feel like it. There isn't any damage to the paint?

Thanks for the info. I'm basically a car noob.

Oh, nice so I can wrap it and than un-wrap and go back to my Black whenever I feel like it. There isn't any damage to the paint?

Yep. And nope nothing at all from the wrap. Unless whoever wrapped your car accidentally scratched it with an exacto knife while cutting the wrap in certain areas, otherwise no damage. It instead protects your paint. My car is pearl white underneath.

Black is also the perfect color for getting a car wrapped because anything goes with black!

• Helpful
Reactions: timmy818