Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picture of your Model Y - Right Now!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally picked up my beautiful boy today.....

Welcome, Stealthy_Ninja to the family. He is a BEAST!!

I absolutely love my MYP. I was surprised how spacious and roomy this vehicle is. It is much bigger than most crossovers on the market. But, there is some bad news I have to share :(. I scuffed my baby boy; he has a gash on the right driver side rim. I was soo livid and sad when I saw it. I totally misjudged my distance from the curb and wheel as I was parking to go for my daily speed walk at the lake. I'm not used to driving bigger tires and rims. Lol. This will be a big adjustment for me but I will get myself very familiarized with the turn radius and spatial distance between the tires and curb.

Question for you all.. Have any of you notice or have noticed a howling sound coming from the back cargo area? I know most convertibles do this because the lack of insulation in the back trunk area. Also, is the tire vibration normal when driving over a certain speed with these tires? Is this due to that the tires are brand new and never been driven before?

More pics soon to come tomorrow or this weekend.

Attachments

• tempImagesthUOh.png
    tempImagesthUOh.png
    5.6 MB · Views: 301
  • tempImageaitqIp.png
    tempImageaitqIp.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 235
Reactions: Skavatar

@TheQuiet_1 Stealthy_Ninja does indeed appear to be a beast--congrats! As to the howling noise--I don't think I've heard that. Can you try to capture it in a short YouTube video or something?

Pro-tip to reduce the likelihood of curbing your rims when parking: use your side repeater cameras! To do that, tap the little circle icon along the bottom of the screen to bring up the cameras. If you only see the reverse camera, swipe upward on the that camera feed and you'll see your two side repeater cameras underneath (and it will remember and show you those from now on, unless you swipe down to go back to just the reverse camera). With those, you can get a really good idea how far you are from curbs. Might take a little practice but very very handy. I wish there was one for the front, as I have a very hard time judging distance when pulling into parking stalls.

Reactions: TheQuiet_1
@TheQuiet_1 Stealthy_Ninja does indeed appear to be a beast--congrats! As to the howling noise--I don't think I've heard that. Can you try to capture it in a short YouTube video or something?

Pro-tip to reduce the likelihood of curbing your rims when parking: use your side repeater cameras! To do that, tap the little circle icon along the bottom of the screen to bring up the cameras. If you only see the reverse camera, swipe upward on the that camera feed and you'll see your two side repeater cameras underneath (and it will remember and show you those from now on, unless you swipe down to go back to just the reverse camera). With those, you can get a really good idea how far you are from curbs. Might take a little practice but very very handy. I wish there was one for the front, as I have a very hard time judging distance when pulling into parking stalls.
That works for the rear wheels, I would like a camera for the front wheels. These are the ones I have to be very careful when pulling into the car wash.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung

I absolutely love my MYP. I was surprised how spacious and roomy this vehicle is. It is much bigger than most crossovers on the market. But, there is some bad news I have to share :(. I scuffed my baby boy; he has a gash on the right driver side rim. I was soo livid and sad when I saw it. I totally misjudged my distance from the curb and wheel as I was parking to go for my daily speed walk at the lake. I'm not used to driving bigger tires and rims. Lol. This will be a big adjustment for me but I will get myself very familiarized with the turn radius and spatial distance between the tires and curb.

Question for you all.. Have any of you notice or have noticed a howling sound coming from the back cargo area? I know most convertibles do this because the lack of insulation in the back trunk area. Also, is the tire vibration normal when driving over a certain speed with these tires? Is this due to that the tires are brand new and never been driven before?

More pics soon to come tomorrow or this weekend.
I fixed my hatch recently. I had a rattle and wind noise. I think Tesla may not even try to adjust them properly. There are four round rubber bumpers on the hatch, two on the back and two on the sides. They are adjustable in/out, and they should make contact with points on the car when closed. If you put some soapy wanter (dish soap in a mug or something) on the upper bumpers and close the hatch you will see whether they are adjusted correctly, by looking at the contact points on the car. If you see nothing they are way out, if you see some bubble residue you are getting close, and if you see wet circles they are making contact. All of them screw out counter-clockwise, but the ones on the side have a sleeve that you want to screw back tightly to the hatch after adjusting.

Reactions: DavidAsheville

Thank you very much!! I love driving my new toy and the instant torque and speed is out of this world. I love zipping by slow drivers because they don't know how to drive or turn into their designated street. LOL. Thanks for the pro-tip. I did use the side repeater cameras and I did not curb the rim this time. The side camera did guide me along the curb but as you mentioned; I wish they had front cameras and also implement top view camera like BMW and other automakers. I was still nervous parking along the curb but it will take practice and patience.

That works for the rear wheels, I would like a camera for the front wheels. These are the ones I have to be very careful when pulling into the car wash.
I fixed my hatch recently. I had a rattle and wind noise. I think Tesla may not even try to adjust them properly. There are four round rubber bumpers on the hatch, two on the back and two on the sides. They are adjustable in/out, and they should make contact with points on the car when closed. If you put some soapy wanter (dish soap in a mug or something) on the upper bumpers and close the hatch you will see whether they are adjusted correctly, by looking at the contact points on the car. If you see nothing they are way out, if you see some bubble residue you are getting close, and if you see wet circles they are making contact. All of them screw out counter-clockwise, but the ones on the side have a sleeve that you want to screw back tightly to the hatch after adjusting.
I'm experiencing the rattle and wind noise myself. It feels like they did not properly insulate the back-end of the vehicle. I do have a car service appt next month and I hope they can rectify this issue right there and then. Based on your explanation, it sounds like an easy fix but we shall see. I have to check this out tomorrow or by the end of the weekend to mess with it. My hatch is not properly flushed along the base of the trunk when it is shut; there is a slight uneven alignment.

Cleaned her up this morning...

Attachments

• 0956B062-1DAD-40A6-B81A-52603AC98DA4.jpeg
    0956B062-1DAD-40A6-B81A-52603AC98DA4.jpeg
    274.2 KB · Views: 199
  • 1A8B77FA-4C39-43BF-9040-F4EAFC683C6E.jpeg
    1A8B77FA-4C39-43BF-9040-F4EAFC683C6E.jpeg
    348.6 KB · Views: 207
  • 6148CDB2-0352-4D17-B425-DAC162BD2B47.jpeg
    6148CDB2-0352-4D17-B425-DAC162BD2B47.jpeg
    414.7 KB · Views: 225
  • 21902312-C9D4-4944-838E-14BB6DE76D09.jpeg
    21902312-C9D4-4944-838E-14BB6DE76D09.jpeg
    487.3 KB · Views: 221
  • 5C237A2C-3492-46F7-B5A5-F916ACA37734.jpeg
    5C237A2C-3492-46F7-B5A5-F916ACA37734.jpeg
    210.9 KB · Views: 211
  • 9E7E82FD-4CCB-4FD5-A43E-34E00BC8F47D.jpeg
    9E7E82FD-4CCB-4FD5-A43E-34E00BC8F47D.jpeg
    305.2 KB · Views: 185
  • 3131E3C3-24C5-4408-95C1-9228E2378299.jpeg
    3131E3C3-24C5-4408-95C1-9228E2378299.jpeg
    293.6 KB · Views: 201
Very Nice! How long did you wait for you to receive your RPM Tesla Razzo spoiler? can you post top view of your Razzo? does your spoiler touch or hit the garage door when you open your trunk while your garage door is open?
Took two months. A lot of patience at times with RPM. Old version and this version had me adjusting height of lift. Lucky, never hit the door. I’ll get a picture out soon.