Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pic request: Show me your roof racks/bike racks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I looked at the Tesla rack. Even though it's made by Yakima, none of my current bike mounts will fit it (I've been using their round bar rack since the 80's but had to upgrade bike mounts twice). I looked at the torklift option too. I even searched for bumper/hatchback racks. Running the numbers, my solution was: for a single bike, fold down the seats, add a blanket and stow the bike with both wheels on. I'm 6'4" and ride a 61cm road bike and it fits with a few inches to spare. By far the fastest, cheapest, most secure solution and it doesn't affect your aerodynamics/range.

For more than one bike, I went with the SeaSucker racks. It was the least expensive and most flexible option. It has no problem holding two bikes at ~75 mph, including a brief run up to 95mph (still getting used to the acceleration of the MS).

I looked at the Tesla rack. Even though it's made by Yakima, none of my current bike mounts will fit it (I've been using their round bar rack since the 80's but had to upgrade bike mounts twice). I looked at the torklift option too. I even searched for bumper/hatchback racks. Running the numbers, my solution was: for a single bike, fold down the seats, add a blanket and stow the bike with both wheels on. I'm 6'4" and ride a 61cm road bike and it fits with a few inches to spare. By far the fastest, cheapest, most secure solution and it doesn't affect your aerodynamics/range.

For more than one bike, I went with the SeaSucker racks. It was the least expensive and most flexible option. It has no problem holding two bikes at ~75 mph, including a brief run up to 95mph (still getting used to the acceleration of the MS).
+1 on SeaSucker