Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pick-up At Austin Ponds 09/14/18

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apparently my car arrived at Pond Springs last night, 11 days before scheduled delivery. I wonder if my delivery date will get moved up, or if it just takes that long to get the car ready for delivery?
I ended up sending an email to my DA. My Wife was not going to be able to get off of work in time to make our 9/27 date. So, we needed to be rescheduled during a time she would be off of work. I wasn't actually expecting the car to be in Austin PS yet, so I was surprised on how it all worked out.

Also, does anyone know when you are supposed to get the FedEx packet with the paperwork for title and registration transfer?

I received the X paperwork the same day as the pickup. I told them at Pond Springs that I didn't have it (and didn't know it had arrived). They said just sign and send it back out with no need to bring it to Pond Springs. They still allowed me to pickup the car.

• Informative
Reactions: CrazyCoconut
We had a great experience, overall. We arrived early, parking was an issue, but a spot eventually opened up. They greeted us, checked us in, took us back early. We reviewed the car, spent maybe 20 minutes. We didn't find anything wrong with the car (built 8/18). We were out there door before our Orig Appt time came around.

We drove it straight to the shop doing our aftermarket work for tint and ppf. We are looking forward to getting it back next week.

Attachments

• 20180919_140729.jpg
    20180919_140729.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 20180919_140433.jpg
    20180919_140433.jpg
    299.3 KB · Views: 57
  • 20180919_163553.jpg
    20180919_163553.jpg
    556.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 20180919_164503.jpg
    20180919_164503.jpg
    393.5 KB · Views: 47
  • 20180920_161051.jpg
    20180920_161051.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 60
Our delivery is slated for 9/28 in the afternoon. I was wondering when they notify you that the date and time are still good? I’d it the day of delivery or before then.

Also do they need help with orientation from current Model 3 owners. I know someone posted in California that customers could help with orientation by answering questions and Elon thought it was a good idea but never heard if help is needed in Austin.

Our delivery is slated for 9/28 in the afternoon. I was wondering when they notify you that the date and time are still good? I’d it the day of delivery or before then.

Also do they need help with orientation from current Model 3 owners. I know someone posted in California that customers could help with orientation by answering questions and Elon thought it was a good idea but never heard if help is needed in Austin.
Austin PS never contacted me directly. My DA and I worked out the Date and Time to coordinate with my Wife's work schedule and the we just showed up.

As far as helping out with Customers, this may be completely up to Austin PS. The parking lot in packed with cars. Finding a parking spot is an issue. Current owners would need to leave any available parking to people coming to take delivery.

Foot traffic might increase if Owners don't coordinate before hand, to work out a system so that there isn't too many people there at the same hour to help.

Remember, it is still a service center. There are existing Customer vehicles on site. Security to keeping their property safe is still going to be a priority. Each one of us is pretty much a stranger to the Service Center. It may be difficult for them to insure security if too many Owners show up to help.

Those are just points to consider. I believe that each of us that are Owners would love to help. Just be mindful of some of the obstacles that come with that help.

I got a call from my DA Wednesday saying my account (which was funded and settled Tuesday) came back across her desk and she didn't know why. I checked my account on the web and the trade-in was missing... so it showed I owed money again. I explained this to her and said that it was not that way on her side and not to worry about it - I was still good for my Friday delivery.

Which is normally a relief, except that my delivery was scheduled for Thursday. I reached out to the folks that setup my appointment for Thursday and they assured me we were still good for the scheduled pickup time. Checking my account, the trade-in was still gone but the time was still set.

Fingers crossed.

Thursday morning I get a text followed up by a call from someone in front of my house that wanted me to answer the door so he could deliver the car. The odd thing, is it was clearly scheduled for an on-site pick-up at 5:30 at the PS location (I didn't even know they did Home Delivery anymore). The guy had no choice but to drive it back to the service center (kinda felt bad for him) but it was pretty clear Tesla could use some work in their logistics department.

Since my car was obviously in town, I feigned an emergency and left work early afternoon and headed down ahead of schedule. If nothing else, I figured I'd wait and read a book. Parking is definitely issue (waited at the Red Barn across the street until a parking spot opened up in the empty field south of the parking area) and I was met by a rather grouchy employee that seemed rather put out that I walked in the door. He got my info, then told me to wait in the waiting area (definitely needs more chairs). After 20-minutes or so, a different employee came looking for me to show me to my car for a really quick tour. She told me she was new, which was a bit obvious, but as with the rest of you I had done all my research up front and let her off the hook.

They tried to get me done quickly, asked if I had any questions, to which I said "yes, I figured you'd want the trade in vehicle?". The paperwork didn't show anything about a trade-in so she was off to find a manager. After more scrambling, they took my old keys had me sign the paper and showed me the door. I had already done all the transfer papers, so at this point if they lose it... its theirs.

Quick tip: If you show up before your appointment, your app will not sync up to your car. We had to change my appointment time, uninstall and then reinstall the app to get it to sync.

Pretty frustrating, but driving it instantly made me forget everything. When I pulled up to my house, my 11 year old son (who didn't know it was coming) lost it... I've never seen him so happy (and we just got back from a week at Universal Orlando).

If this were any other car company, or any other car I would have walked away a long time ago. The car deserves its name - Maximum Effort!

41UWrYX829L._AC_UL130_.jpg