Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picked up at Mt. Kisco yesterday - great experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
10AM appt - they had 4 deliveries at the same time. Took about 90 minutes, a little longer than I would have thought but we did trade in the vehicle we drove there with.

Advisor was great and went over the entire vehicle, gave tips, etc. Did have a flaw in the pillar lining and we noticed a weatherstrip bump (pretty large) on the passenger sid). We have mobile service coming in a few weeks - could have gone to the SC here in Rochester next week but no hurry.

VIN: 61XXX - no laminated side windows. We thought the ride was pretty quiet. Have the Induction wheels which seemed softer than the Explorer ST with 21" Pirelli's that we traded in.

Had to charge 2x to get home - surprised me as the route planner said only one stop enroute. At the first stop, I increased the charge to 90% thinking that would get us home, but we had to stop for another 10 minute charge about 30 miles from home. Maybe the wind and rain affected our range. Easy to Supercharge - I see where Tesla has a huge head start in this area - slick the way it all works together. Didn't tap the brakes once - I think that's amazing for a 320 mile trip home.

Glad we picked delivery at Mt. Kisco even thought it was road trip. We could have had home delivery, but I feel like it would have been a less than satisfying experience.

Reactions: Adkrenew
10AM appt - they had 4 deliveries at the same time. Took about 90 minutes, a little longer than I would have thought but we did trade in the vehicle we drove there with.

Advisor was great and went over the entire vehicle, gave tips, etc. Did have a flaw in the pillar lining and we noticed a weatherstrip bump (pretty large) on the passenger sid). We have mobile service coming in a few weeks - could have gone to the SC here in Rochester next week but no hurry.

VIN: 61XXX - no laminated side windows. We thought the ride was pretty quiet. Have the Induction wheels which seemed softer than the Explorer ST with 21" Pirelli's that we traded in.

Had to charge 2x to get home - surprised me as the route planner said only one stop enroute. At the first stop, I increased the charge to 90% thinking that would get us home, but we had to stop for another 10 minute charge about 30 miles from home. Maybe the wind and rain affected our range. Easy to Supercharge - I see where Tesla has a huge head start in this area - slick the way it all works together. Didn't tap the brakes once - I think that's amazing for a 320 mile trip home.

Glad we picked delivery at Mt. Kisco even thought it was road trip. We could have had home delivery, but I feel like it would have been a less than satisfying experience.

Rain will have a large effect on range, especially if it is steady and leaving standing water in the tire tracks. Probably more of an effect than wind and temperature due to the increased rolling resistance. I experienced this first hand on the road trip I made the morning after I picked up my Model 3.