Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picking up an inventory P100D next weekend!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
About a month ago my wife picked up a 100D Model X that we ordered and since then I’ve totally changed my opinion on having an EV for myself and am passed the “I’ll always need the engine/exhaust noise”. So, I went into the showroom to test drive a Model S P100D, and that was all she wrote! This was on Black Friday and I put the deposit down on an inventory that has more than I was “needing”, but since they took $16,000 off the price it’s totally worth it. It has 800 miles and looks perfect in photos.
I’ll be trading in a ‘16 E63 S AMG and am really impressed with the performance of the P100D, this thing really rips! My AMG is fast, but this car would absolutely leave it standing still off the line and I’m sure is quite a bit faster down the 1/4 mile (ran a 11.6@123 in the AMG).
So my family will now be all EV until I get a “play” car as a third/weekend car, likely another 911 (had 3 in the past 5 years) or an AMG GTS. I figure that will meet my periodic appetite for “noise”
My P100D is black with arachnids and white interior. I’m mainly getting black because I want to have the car PPF wrapped with Stealth film and then add some gloss carbon fiber bits (spoiler, mirrors, maybe front splitter) and I’ll be doing the full chrome delete with tinted windows.
Here’s some pics from Tesla

ED83FCB1-2DFC-4DFC-9FB2-A1B2352A094B.jpeg
EFF4099D-1B27-41A7-BE68-5F4560A941D1.jpeg

Attachments

• 3DCA5E54-DDFA-4E15-9396-DCAE437FA128.jpeg
    3DCA5E54-DDFA-4E15-9396-DCAE437FA128.jpeg
    379 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
I’ll be trading in a ‘16 E63 S AMG and am really impressed with the performance of the P100D, this thing really rips! My AMG is fast, but this car would absolutely leave it standing still off the line and I’m sure is quite a bit faster down the 1/4 mile (ran a 11.6@123 in the AMG).
So my family will now be all EV until I get a “play” car as a third/weekend car, likely another 911 (had 3 in the past 5 years) or an AMG GTS. I figure that will meet my periodic appetite for “noise”

Before you get a 911 for your play car, test drive a Model 3 Performance. No noise but the handling is quite a bit snappier than the S. And then you have a complete set. :D

Reactions: WaitingForY