Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picture of your Model Y - Right Now!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love how your car turned out!

Matching the charge door was one reason I went with the dark red taillights. But it’s really what you think will look good. I don’t think you can go wrong with either one. Check out Kim Java’s video. Looks like she first picked the smoked tails but later switched to the red. Here’s the video:

yeah sorry stock tails look 100x better

Just picked up our 2023 XPel Stealth Wrapped Performance Model Y. Wheels are from Signature Wheels SV503s. Came out great! Just two more upgrades to add and she’s done.

View attachment 894510

View attachment 894513
View attachment 894514View attachment 894516
View attachment 894517
I was told by Signature Wheels that anything under the stock 21” factory size wheels doesn’t look right on the MYP? To me this looks ok. I mean aesthetically yes the wheels look smaller, but not horrible like the small wheels on a Prius horrible.

I love how your car turned out!

Matching the charge door was one reason I went with the dark red taillights. But it’s really what you think will look good. I don’t think you can go wrong with either one. Check out Kim Java’s video. Looks like she first picked the smoked tails but later switched to the red. Here’s the video:

Thank you for the compliment! Ive done a lot. Short list is:

New Wheels/Tires
XPEL Stealth Wrap
Autofrunk
RGB Autopresent Door Handles
Light Strip in the Frunk
Illuminated Door Sills for All Doors
Front and Rear Footwell Lights, Blue
Rear Bumper Sequential Turn Signal Lights
and next, Light Harmonic plug and play front door subs and trunk subwoofer replacements. Just havent had time yet to do them.

I feel youre right, the red tails look best. Im going for them as well. I didnt think about bumper lights being red too!

Cant wait to see yours installed! Share when you do!

Reactions: Luisito
Thank you for the compliment! Ive done a lot. Short list is:

New Wheels/Tires
XPEL Stealth Wrap
Autofrunk
RGB Autopresent Door Handles
Light Strip in the Frunk
Illuminated Door Sills for All Doors
Front and Rear Footwell Lights, Blue
Rear Bumper Sequential Turn Signal Lights
and next, Light Harmonic plug and play front door subs and trunk subwoofer replacements. Just havent had time yet to do them.

I feel youre right, the red tails look best. Im going for them as well. I didnt think about bumper lights being red too!

Cant wait to see yours installed! Share when you do!
How difficult is it to do the tail lights so have seen several install videos, including the Kim Java one but they are all with people who have done these things and I am always a little skeptical because if it was ridiculously hard they could have edited out a large portion of it. I have done a few things to my car, but nothing that effects wiring (except S3XY bottoms but that doesn’t count).

How difficult is it to do the tail lights so have seen several install videos, including the Kim Java one but they are all with people who have done these things and I am always a little skeptical because if it was ridiculously hard they could have edited out a large portion of it. I have done a few things to my car, but nothing that effects wiring (except S3XY bottoms but that doesn’t count).
I’m still waiting on my spoiler to come in before I start replacing the taillights. The PPF wrap in the rear hatch needs to be redone so that’s the best time to remove the lights. Here’s another video showing the process. Having trim removal tools helps.

• Informative
Reactions: samori01
I have not swapped out my tail lights, but I did remove them to install a brake light/turn signal combo light into the tow hitch cover area. I would say the difficulty is moderate. The biggest thing is to make sure you don't drop the nut into the abyss and when pulling the lights out, be sure to disconnect the wiring first. I think the Kim Java video did a pretty good job of pointing those things out. I was extremely careful with the nut when removing them, but I forgot to disconnect the wiring on one of the lights when I pulled out the assembly. Luckily I didn't damage the wiring as it popped out at the connector, but that could have been a problem.

As our Model Y's become common like Honda Accords, I like the idea of making mods to differentiate. The tail lights would be a nice mod to do, but I'm not sure how much I like them over the stock tail lights. After seeing some videos I think I like them about the same. Maybe it's something to do down the line a bit.

Reactions: samori01
Just picked up our 2023 XPel Stealth Wrapped Performance Model Y. Wheels are from Signature Wheels SV503s. Came out great! Just two more upgrades to add and she’s done.
Yay! Someone else who loves the Signature SV503s!

50and6_5.jpg

oh I'm going to look for those - thanks

Funny thing is that we go to the Goodwill Bins a lot (It's the Outlet part of Goodwill and is a veritable Aladdin's Cave of inexpensive surprises where they charge by the pound). We were there a couple of weeks ago and I saw this weird thing in "new condition" that I thought at first must be a horse blanket or something, but it turned out to be a protector for the seating part of the rear seats ... of some unfortunately unknown vehicle :rolleyes:

There's no label, so it'll be difficult to put on craigslist, but I put it in the Y anyway even though it's a little too big for the Y. The trouble now is that the thing is new(ish) so I can't put anything on the back seat (not that I would mind) in case I damage the seat protector that I might sell some day

PS - I got my tow bar from the bins too, though I had to then buy a wrench to put the ball on upside down, so maybe I should just have bought a new one to begin with. It is in specs though and is one WalMart sells for about $20 IIRC

Last edited:
Reactions: BitJam