Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picture of your Model Y - Right Now!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
43A2C8ED-9762-41B3-A2C0-DE7DB34A3971.jpeg

Nice! How is the ride and do you see differences in range and acceleration? I am waiting for them to ship theTSR wheels/tires in 18" to me.
So... I can't compare it to the 21" uberturbines because we literally drove it two miles on those wheels/tires, to the car shop when we first bought it in late June (and drove it very slow/carefully to not pick up any rock chips prior to PPF and wheel-swap).

But I can compare it to our 2020 MYLR with 20" Inductions: Night. And. Day. Some of the difference might be due to some suspension adjustments, as our 2020 was a July 2020 build, fairly early on in the Model Y production cycle. But really, the wheels and tires make a big difference. Much smoother ride, much less jarring, much less worrying about potholes and less-than-perfect roads. And yeah the car still accelerates with no issue - haven't had any tire slippage. Doubt it can handle cornering like the 21s, but we didn't buy the car to whip around hairpin turns at top speed...

We've logged just over 3700 miles, including road trips up and down the east coast. With a healthy mix of local and highway, we're sitting at overall 299 wh/mile. Our 2020 MYLR/inductions had 275 wh/mi at time of sale this summer (about 18k miles), but majority of driving was local roads (meaning slower driving), as that was during the height of covid...

Also: we got the Michelin Pilot 4 all seasons. There is another option with the trail tires - I have no clue how well those perform.

You might also ping @TomServo about their ride experience, since (based on my reading here) they got the same wheels/tires, on the same car year/model (2022 MYP).

So... I can't compare it to the 21" uberturbines because we literally drove it two miles on those wheels/tires, to the car shop when we first bought it in late June (and drove it very slow/carefully to not pick up any rock chips prior to PPF and wheel-swap).

But I can compare it to our 2020 MYLR with 20" Inductions: Night. And. Day. Some of the difference might be due to some suspension adjustments, as our 2020 was a July 2020 build, fairly early on in the Model Y production cycle. But really, the wheels and tires make a big difference. Much smoother ride, much less jarring, much less worrying about potholes and less-than-perfect roads. And yeah the car still accelerates with no issue - haven't had any tire slippage. Doubt it can handle cornering like the 21s, but we didn't buy the car to whip around hairpin turns at top speed...

We've logged just over 3700 miles, including road trips up and down the east coast. With a healthy mix of local and highway, we're sitting at overall 299 wh/mile. Our 2020 MYLR/inductions had 275 wh/mi at time of sale this summer (about 18k miles), but majority of driving was local roads (meaning slower driving), as that was during the height of covid...

Also: we got the Michelin Pilot 4 all seasons. There is another option with the trail tires - I have no clue how well those perform.

You might also ping @TomServo about their ride experience, since (based on my reading here) they got the same wheels/tires, on the same car year/model (2022 MYP).
Thanks for the update. The tires ordered are the Pilot 4 A/S. On the ubers, the average was around 311 or so but rececntly I reduced my speed to around 65 on the freeway and turned off the AC and that got it down to 307 wh @14k miles.

I saw some of his updates and they are align with what you stated.

I hope to get them this month. They are a November pre order. I am looking forward to the ride you descrribed. It sure is bouncy right now.