Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picture of your Model Y - Right Now!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have learned a lot from this website, and wanted to pay it forward with what I have tried and why.

My basic take on the Y is that it is a little tall and rounded (i.e. "jellybean"). I have tried to visually broaden the base, de-emphasize the center, lower the visual center-of-mass, and overall widen the appearance.

I started with a gloss full ADRO kit which I find to be very high quality. For comparison, it is real dry prepreg carbon fiber however most of my other accessories are ABS with a printed surface--hard to tell the difference.

The ADRO aero style lip emphasizes each front corner and draws the eye outside. It also has vertical winglets on each end to widen further.

The lower opening below the grill is covered which helps greatly to remove some of the reminder of the body height.

The license plate holder drops the license by an inch or two (not everyone needs or wants one). I had to buy three different ones to get good enough quality to keep. The stamped metal printed one had many mistakes, and the second plastic one was not much better. The one I settled on was mid-range price and fair quality without springing for full carbon. (Note the box-style grill mount from RPM won't fit with the center ADRO rib.)

The fog light trims made a big difference in widening the look by drawing the eye lower and outward. They repeat the ADRO diagonal look. Also ABS material.

I de-badged the front Tesla T because it centered the eye and emphasized the hood hump.

Not in this picture, but quality Rally Armor mud flaps help square off the lower look.

Looking closely you may see I have installed faux carbon fiber "eyelids" which tend to make the daytime running lights more into horizontal slits.

The mirror caps are gloss printed ABS but match the front lip nicely.

This is what worked for me, and to quote ADRO, it's "Not for Everybody" but may help with others decisions.

Overall it appears from the front more like an XL Model 3 to me; pictures from the rear appear elsewhere in this thread.

IMG_0093a.jpg

Last edited:
how was the fit and finish? This looks like the cleanest aero lip.
Amazing. Install was simple, no drilling into any plastic, used mounting holes that were there. Provided all high quality hardware. It’s finished all the way around (I.e. smooth on the bottom) so shouldn’t negatively affect aero. Feels rock solid.

It is 1x1 standard weave CF, not 2x2 twill, so the pattern is not a perfect match for most other carbon accessories but it’s an extremely high quality piece.

Reactions: Sweed269