Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picture of your Model Y - Right Now!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked it up on Easter Sunday. Gotta love those end of quarter discounts.

Attachments

• 20240410_160638[1].jpg
    20240410_160638[1].jpg
    442.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240410_160623[1].jpg
    20240410_160623[1].jpg
    398.9 KB · Views: 6
In the middle of a 3000 mile round trip road adventure from Florida to Arizona and back. I’m planning on making a separate post on my experience but this was too cool to pass up. Stumbled on Tucumcari, NM, the inspiration for Cars’ Radiator Springs, and stayed the night in a cool mid century modern motel. Tez was interested to learn about the history of Route 66 but he was glad there was a Supercharger there, too.
There's actually a Route 66 specific EV group as well:

switched out the factory lug nuts with ebay black close ended lug nuts (M14x1.5 oem factory style 7/8" hex), installed Weathertech Lampgard (headlights and foglights), and installed ebay knock off of the RPMtesla Colossal front spoiler.
Lookin' sweet!

Technically the Colossal is itself a knock-off of the ADRO expensive aero kit (so knock-off of a knock-off?) :) Or actually, it's a knock-off of ADRO.

It actually does reduce drag which I have measured; visit the ADRO site for more CFD info. (You can see mine on pages 180, 179 of this thread.)

Great look!

Reactions: Skavatar
Daddy likey. Wheel and tire specs? Is it lowered? Thanks!
Thanks man. Vorsteiner VFF 103, 21x9.5 +35 front, 21x10.5 +40 rear with Vredestien Quatrac Pro 255/40/21 front, 275/40/21 rear. MPP comfort adjustable coilovers (12/12 fr, 10/8 rear) sits about 1.4" lower front and 0.75" lower rear. Also have MPP rear camber arms and the alignment is bang on. Love it!

Reactions: ultramyp
Well get some better pics after new shoes get on... but for now...
View attachment 1038062View attachment 1038063View attachment 1038064
Please review those rim covers. I went all in on MagBak, still messed up my right rear rim driving off a parking lot, at least I salvaged one and hides the rash. However, went on a road trip with some bad roads, and lost the main one where the stem valve is located on the left rear wheel. Going to try another brand, easier to put on/off.

• Informative
Reactions: drb3333
Please review those rim covers. I went all in on MagBak, still messed up my right rear rim driving off a parking lot, at least I salvaged one and hides the rash. However, went on a road trip with some bad roads, and lost the main one where the stem valve is located on the left rear wheel. Going to try another brand, easier to put on/off.
Good info. I also was jazzed to get MagBak which I think are pretty clever. Maybe I am dense, but was surprised to get boxes of plastic since I thought they were alloy which would have been awesome. Put them on anyway but have not yet hit anything. I am wondering if I should consider adding one of the EVAAM aluminum rings on top of the MagBaks for more protection.

I got them off Teslaunch and they do their job... it's a bit pricey for just some aluminum strips and 3M tape, but they work. I did recently curb one and it held up well.

Good info. I also was jazzed to get MagBak which I think are pretty clever. Maybe I am dense, but was surprised to get boxes of plastic since I thought they were alloy which would have been awesome. Put them on anyway but have not yet hit anything. I am wondering if I should consider adding one of the EVAAM aluminum rings on top of the MagBaks for more protection.
I'm guessing it wouldn't hurt, but not sure if you'll be able to install them without having them stick out more since the MagBaks cover the outer edges pretty well and add a plastic "lip" to the outer edges for protection.

Reactions: drb3333