Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is good news because I’m 6’4” and the two things I noticed when I sat in the model S was it was a little difficult to get into, and the view out the front window was a bit awkward.

M3owners' forum has a great post about that:
FAQ: Checklist of features for new owners to share
For you big guys out there, here's a buddy that's 6'4". Skinny as a rail and has a 34" inseam. The seat was set for him to be comfortable and it could go back 2 more inches. I asked him about visibility and he said no issues with the visor beam. He also stated that usually issues for him with other cars are the placement of the mirrror and how it would block visibility - and that this was not an issue in this car.

F7qjjJ5.jpg

I looked around Santa Barbara store/service today but was unable to see any of the Model 3 delivered by truck yesterday. Looking through the locked gates one can only see about 1/2 of the rear parking and service area. Maybe they’ve been delivered or maybe Tesla parked them out of sight?

• Informative
Reactions: erthquake
nfk5p8amxyyz.jpg

Delivery of M3 in Fremont.

There were about 14-16 cars in there yesterday. After you do all the paperwork (pay them) and take a class with some demo cars in the front area they take you back to this big garage area and go over the car with you. It’s actually really fun and exciting. The rug and the lights I think are for show and to make the delivery special.

51tzwqq9xyyz.jpg

nfk5p8amxyyz.jpg

Delivery of M3 in Fremont.

There were about 14-16 cars in there yesterday. After you do all the paperwork (pay them) and take a class with some demo cars in the front area they take you back to this big garage area and go over the car with you. It’s actually really fun and exciting. The rug and the lights I think are for show and to make the delivery special.

51tzwqq9xyyz.jpg

Neat. Is this at the delivery center at 47623 Fremont Blvd? Or, somewhere at the factory? Might have a chance to check it out shortly.

I looked around Santa Barbara store/service today but was unable to see any of the Model 3 delivered by truck yesterday. Looking through the locked gates one can only see about 1/2 of the rear parking and service area. Maybe they’ve been delivered or maybe Tesla parked them out of sight?

When I drove by Friday afternoon, I could see the cab of a (regular) semi parked in the back lot. I'd never seen a truck back there before, and it made me wonder if they were delivering Model 3s.

• Informative
Reactions: gene
There are dozens of them out here! In the parking lot. Unlocked even. From vins 391 through 923. Will share pics shortly.

Here are the pics. Some subjective observations from my wife and I:

- The car’s preeeetttttyyyyy in person!

- Didn’t like the aeros despite some folks saying that they look better in person than in pics. If we don’t get the upgraded wheels (which looked great!), we’ll be promptly taking the aero covers off.

- Wife didn’t like blue :( She narrowed the choice to red and grey! Grey’s good-looking but a bit dull. So, we are back to red. :)

- Interior’s nice - we took a quick peek but, didn’t sit in there and violate Tesla’s trust in leaving all these cars out in the lot and unlocked.

C6DD376E-86D0-4168-B036-398F4D380FAB.jpeg
4E697A26-BEA8-449A-8CDB-9360E6C59C23.jpeg
D68AA624-941A-4ED0-9F0C-48A3FF97D045.jpeg
F949F709-D6F4-4CA5-9424-B5C808CCE5DE.jpeg
CF4FCA44-AA88-4A73-A689-01B112286E21.jpeg
9A49DF82-C0B2-4251-8289-FBE9E8099F35.jpeg
88639DC6-F1B1-4F71-A140-3359B26E8736.jpeg
D503AE58-E181-43D2-8386-D24D530BA8DC.jpeg
4945A871-3959-494B-B2ED-25C92010DBC4.jpeg
DB380A55-8D13-44DB-B317-D2CB6C4F59EE.jpeg

Here are the pics. Some subjective observations from my wife and I:

- The car’s preeeetttttyyyyy in person!

- Didn’t like the aeros despite some folks saying that they look better in person than in pics. If we don’t get the upgraded wheels (which looked great!), we’ll be promptly taking the aero covers off.

- Wife didn’t like blue :( She narrowed the choice to red and grey! Grey’s good-looking but a bit dull. So, we are back to red. :)

- Interior’s nice - we took a quick peek but, didn’t sit in there and violate Tesla’s trust in leaving all these cars out in the lot and unlocked.

Thanks! Great shots. I'm back to Black, Silver or Blue.

Today I saw a Model 3 charging at the factory in Fremont and talked to the owner for a bit, saying I had a November-January reservation but still wasn’t sure I’d take it because I haven’t had a chance to actually sit in one to check head- and legroom (I’m 6’8”, so lack of space is a real issue for me in certain vehicles). The owner immediately offered to let me sit in it and get a feel for it...and I was quite happy with what I found:

It’s much easier to get in and out of than a Model S, has better headroom (I’d say 0.5 to 1.0 inches more headroom), good legroom, and the view out the front window (for someone tall, at least) is better than the Model S because the roofline seems slightly higher (and the sunshade isn’t so thick that it cuts into your view out the front windshield, which is a problem for me in the S).

I think it’s safe to say I’ll be using my reservation.

I'm 6' 6" this is great news. I'll be keeping my reservation as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.