Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used model 3s FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that older used model 3s are dropping even lower in price and FSD is now finally starting to become something good.
Do you think the value of used model 3s that have FSD will start to hold their price better.

Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 12.48.18 PM.png

• Funny
Reactions: chado
But with FSD transferable (nearly every quarter when they have to make share holders happy) it makes the car worth at least whatever the cost of FSD is at that point
Does it?

The used market puts almost no value in FSD. Recently Tesla started valuing it about $3,500 in their trade-ins with the first transfer window last year.

Even if it does appreciate on the used market, we are talking a few thousand at most. I don't think that will have an overall impact on the market.

Does it?

The used market puts almost no value in FSD. Recently Tesla started valuing it about $3,500 in their trade-ins with the first transfer window last year.

Even if it does appreciate on the used market, we are talking a few thousand at most. I don't think that will have an overall impact on the market.

I think the point they are making is, whatever you trade it in for with Tesla during the free FSD transfer periods, it makes that vehicle worth at least the current cost of FSD.

I think most don't value it at anything really, seems used car dealers don't care at all if it has FSD.

But now that they are dropping in price so drastically closer to the cost of FSD alone, it seems the car can never drop below the cost of FSD

Yup exactly
And more so when / IF FSD get's even better...IF

Well, based on the 12.3 release, and my ability to use in NYC and Long Island NY, I have no doubt it will continue to get better. I'm only 1 year deep into owning 2 Teslas, but make heavy use of FSD on my 26-mile (each way) commute. I am so happy with 12.3, I can't wait for it to replace the highway stack.

When I'm ready to get a newer Tesla, I will wait until there is a free transfer period, even if it is a year away.

I bought mine both used from Tesla to get FSD and AB.

Reactions: chado