Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures & Video from the Model X Unveiling (02/09/2012)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No word about battery tiers and range?

From the New York Times:

The Model X shares about 60 percent of its content with the Model S and weighs about 10 percent more. As a result, Mr. Musk said, the X would squeeze roughly 10 percent less range from its battery packs. As with the S, the X would be offered with a choice of three packs, rated at 40, 60 and 85 kilowatt-hours. Tesla estimates a Model S can travel 160-300 miles on a full charge, depending on battery-pack specification.

402fa499-a2e7-cf52.jpg

This may be what everyone thought was the bluestar clay model

402fa499-a325-70e8.jpg

402fa499-a33b-0ac4.jpg

---
I am here: Google Maps

Thanks Citizen for that la url link. Worked great.

I'm not a fan of SUVs but this looked ok. Maybe I'm just extra geeky but the Falcon doors are awesome. The rear view camera look extra fragile. Some side mirrors take some abuse on the side streets.

If I had a large family I would seriously consider this over a minivan or typical ICE SUV.

"About" the same price. Important waffle word. This has to cost more than the base Model S.

From New York Times interview:

“Even though the X is heavier, it will still go zero to 60 miles an hour in about 4.4 seconds,” Mr. Musk said. “And that’s not even the Performance model.” Pricing should be close to Model S territory, he added. That model starts at $49,900 after a $7,500 federal tax credit, but the price can approach $90,000, depending on options.

“This will be our most important, and highest-volume car, when it comes out,” he said. A fourth model, aimed at a lower price point and wider audience, would likely be announced in 18 to 24 months, he added.

The video loop on the live feed has a piece where the falcon doors open while parked very close to a model s. Pretty impressive. I worry about "testing" whether there's enough clearance to open the door, though.