Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures & Video from the Model X Unveiling (02/09/2012)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like it. I have a Roadster now and had no interest in the Model S. I was looking forward to the 4th generation car but the Model X in 2 years would work well for me. I think it looks pretty cool. Well done Tesla. But I am interested in seeing how the Model S deliveries go and how well Tesla scales up before I put a deposit.

It has some nice angles :

AlRD3FuCEAM14Qa.jpg

Interesting that, in the GigaOm video, Elon states that gullwings swing OUT and risk hitting another car, and then states that the hinged-in-the-middle falcon doors are better because they only swing out one foot from the car.

Elon, FYI: the DeLorean's gullwing doors also go mostly up and not out. In fact, they require...<drumroll please>...ONE FOOT of clearance away from the car.

Sorry, I know this doesn't matter to any of you and Elon isn't directly railing on the DeLorean, but since the DeLorean was the last (major) production car with gullwings and it's in my bones to correct common misconceptions about the DMC, I felt the need to vent/explain. :)