Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PIN PAD KEYfor Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

docdeb27

M3 LR AWD Pearl White Prem Int.
Aug 16, 2018
SHOREHAM
Has anyone else discovered a pin pad asking for a code on their model 3? I saw it today, called and they said it is being implemented but I shouldn't even see it yet. It has a standard 10 box number pad and a box above asking for my code. Apparently we will have this soon. I get it when I press and hold the T on the display.

It’s in Settings in the Menu. Normal toggle switch.Is this version 48?

Reread OP, press the T, no that’s something else. The special demo mode? The S and X have that. It’s sorta to make a P100 drive like a 75. Eh. If that’s what you saw.

The S and X have the PIN to drive NOW because they have fobs that are (to whatever extent depending on the age/car version) crackable.

What you have ain’t that. :D

Reactions: SoCalGuy
This was 2018.48 and I hope the issue he had with the reset link is fixed in 48.1 which is rolling out now. May have been one reason 48 was pulled. Yay for Tesla QA as usual. <sigh>

His own testing seems a bit weird. The PIN is local to the car (no reason for it to be online) and I don’t know if Tesla can reset it or not (turn off PIN mode). Also don’t know if the valet override is a bug or a feature. We’ll have to see if that still ‘works’ in 48.1!

I have no worries about people in the car seeing my PIN as I don’t expect them to be selling it to people trying to steal it. :D

Reactions: Tron 3
This was 2018.48 and I hope the issue he had with the reset link is fixed in 48.1 which is rolling out now. May have been one reason 48 was pulled. Yay for Tesla QA as usual. <sigh>

His own testing seems a bit weird. The PIN is local to the car (no reason for it to be online) and I don’t know if Tesla can reset it or not (turn off PIN mode). Also don’t know if the valet override is a bug or a feature. We’ll have to see if that still ‘works’ in 48.1!

I have no worries about people in the car seeing my PIN as I don’t expect them to be selling it to people trying to steal it. :D
The backup is using your Tesla account credentials. I'm guessing you can use that to reset the PIN.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
The backup is using your Tesla account credentials. I'm guessing you can use that to reset the PIN.
Did you actually watch the video and read my post? The point is that the link to enter your Tesla credentials on 2018.48 is BROKEN for the Model 3 version. We are hoping it works for the 48.1 version. As I said above. As was demonstrated in the video.