Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pinehurst NC - noSupercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There seem to be a good number of Tesla destination chargers in that area.

And even more J1772 plugs around there. (Couldn't find a shareable link, so took a screenshot.)

Screen Shot 2022-04-19 at 1.18.09 PM.png

Reactions: Jeremy3292
Pinehurst is a destination and not a place people travel through. L2 charging is thus sufficient at your destination and a supercharger is unlikely anytime soon. There is also already superchargers surrounding Pinehurst in every direction which people can use on their way in and on their way out.

Reactions: X Fan and SigNC
Pinehurst is a destination and not a place people travel through. L2 charging is thus sufficient at your destination and a supercharger is unlikely anytime soon. There is also already superchargers surrounding Pinehurst in every direction which people can use on their way in and on their way out.
That stategy is evolving as there are Tesla Superchargers in Hiltonhead, Charleston, Myrtle Beach, the Outer Banks and I could go on and these are destinations. As the Tesla population is growing there is a need for more SCers and especially where people are going.

Reactions: jsight
That stategy is evolving as there are Tesla Superchargers in Hiltonhead, Charleston, Myrtle Beach, the Outer Banks and I could go on and these are destinations. As the Tesla population is growing there is a need for more SCers and especially where people are going.
I agree that we will begin to see more superchargers in more places no doubt. However, the places you mentioned are all beaches that are heavily traveled to and from while Pinehurst is a niche golf town that is not really near anything else. Pinehurst may get one eventually but it makes sense there isn't one there currently was my point.

Reactions: SigNC

The only one of those that you list that isn't also pass through is Hilton Head.

I suspect that rather than putting one in Pinehurst, NC they'd continue to build up along the highways around there, so maybe Southern Pines.
NC is getting attention. Maybe they'll get to it. There's still a lot of the USA to fill in.

Reactions: Jeremy3292
The only one of those that you list that isn't also pass through is Hilton Head.

I suspect that rather than putting one in Pinehurst, NC they'd continue to build up along the highways around there, so maybe Southern Pines.
NC is getting attention. Maybe they'll get to it. There's still a lot of the USA to fill in.
As the interstate gaps keep getting filled the next step in SC installs is where people congregate. As for Pinehurst, Southern Pines would be a good choice.

As the interstate gaps keep getting filled the next step in SC installs is where people congregate. As for Pinehurst, Southern Pines would be a good choice.
This is a good argument for destination/L2 chargers. If you can put in 50 L2 chargers for every single fast charger, that might be more appropriate given typical layover times (at hotels, restaurants, and other attractions that tourists are likely going to spend hours, not minutes, at). Better use of travelers' time and wallet too.